1995 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Nice Couch on Wheels
By chevelle68 on 08/31/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 95 Lesabre has been in the family since new. I use it as my daily commuter to save gas and miles on my other gas thirsty trucks. Overall the car has been reliable. Other than the usual wear items (a/c, brakes, etc.) I've had to replace a cheap plastic water fitting at the intake. And the ECM started acting haywire, but a junkyard computer for $50 solved that problem. It's not a "fun" car, but it's cheap, reliable, and I get a solid 20 mpg with town and highway driving, Almost 22 on all highway driving. Easy to work on and parts are cheap.

Miss it.
By agastonguay13 on 08/06/12 13:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Was given my Lesabre third(fourth, fifth?) hand by my mother who wanted me to have a safe first car to take to college. It took me some time to get used to such a big car after learning on a Chevy Cavalier, but soon enough I loved it. Gas mileage wasn't terrible for such a big car and it was great in the snow. It had 155,000 miles on it when I hit a frost heave and tore out a coolant hose. Stupidly decided to try and drive it home. Made it, but the gaskets blew on the way there. Couldn't afford to fix it so I sold it (along with a would-be replacement that turned out to be junk) to another patron of my mechanic. He fixed it and I see it around town from time to time. Looking to buy another.

244000miles and still going
By Bob on 02/28/09 10:01 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for 5 yrs. the only thing costly was the fuel pump ($400) inc. labor. The amazing thing is all of the factory exhaust is still in excellent condition,I had the trans fluid changed evey 40,000 mi and never had a problem with it. January cold weather in Mass. can take its' toll and that is when the rear brake line went out after a panic stop from a fool not paying attention with his snowblower went out into the road, but the safety system worked impeccably, the car stopped far away from him. the car still uses no oil 1/2 qt. between changes. Hate to part with it,still no rush issues.but how much can you expect from a car with this situation? Am looking for a newer one.

Electric and Leaks
By John on 07/21/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My car leaked from poor fitting panels on the floor. Cost 750 to get it fixed. Also very poor alternator - went through 5 in five years! Everything else was fine.

Better then my 2000 Maxima
By bobbym on 05/10/06 22:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '95 LeSabre custom with 67,000 miles almost 2 yrs ago, now have 78000 miles on it. A great car. Runs great like a new car,and it's got quite a kick to it. It moves smooth, fast and easy. Even though my last car 2000 Maxima was a very good car, I honestly have to say...this LeSabre is an all around better car. I love it.

'95 LeSabre Custom
By M on 05/31/05 00:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car! I bought my '95 LeSabre with 41,000 miles from Buick dealer that sold it originally. I have it serviced there for everything, too. Have 91,000 miles now. 30-34 MPG highway, 22-26 MPG city. Looks and drives like brand new. Only replaced water pump and power door lock relay. That's it! Comfortable, powerful, reliable, economical, safe, and roomy. Can't ask for anything more. The 3800 V6 is the best engine ever made.

A pleasant old-school sedan
By dtm2005 on 01/30/05 11:53 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought the LeSabre because its fairly comfortable and reliable for a much more affordable price that used foreign-brand models. So far I've been pretty happy. The acceleration is adequate (tho probably not as good as more recent models). The cloth seats are soft but fairly supportive, though the interior design is a bit antiquated. Reliability has been with the only repairs being a throttle ($200) and water pump ($300), and new front brake pads. The styling may not be exciting, but its timeless and classy. (the 2005 model doesn't look too much different). The handling is below-average and parking in urban areas is not fun. Overall not bad for a decade-old Detroit dreadnought.

Great car for Cheap
By Mark Addler on 01/17/05 01:26 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought for $8,000 with 54K miles on it, now it has 149K miles and is still running strong. Only one repair at 110K ($400 total) for coolant pump and intake manifold (imagine that! A GM with a bad coolant pump or a bad intake manifold!!!) Never broke down, just leaked coolant and took it in when it got real bad. Only oil and tire changes otherwise. Everything on this car works great, never has had any alignment work and still rides as smooth as day it was bought. AC and heat still work great and AC hasn't even been recharged. The only thing that has stopped working is the tape player, it has a tape stuck in it but who hasn't been replaced because radio is preferred and who uses tapes today?

Problems
By Anyone Else on 11/28/04 10:40 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I got the car from my little old neighbor lady, she purchased it new. It had 65K on it when I got it, 15K miles later the air conditioning compressor went out, $800 to fix. Later the transmission went out at 84K miles. I had a used transmission put in and after 16K miles (less than a year) it also went out. A computer at the cost of $400 and several sensors for about $350 were replaced. What really troubles me are the transmissions. I believe the engine to be a solid work horse. I like the car but not the repairs.

Comfortable Cruiser
By d2004 on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Ok so unlike most kids with their Civics or trendy Beemers, i chose a nice used LeSabre. I like it because its all-American, solidly built but not ostentatious, and the interior is comfortable and roomy. The handling isnt great but straightline is decent. The trunk is great, and the price was right. I might have chose the Grand Marquis but it wouldnt fit in my garage, but this is slighly better on gas. Overall i'm pleased, its much better built than my family's newer Chrysler products. I dont understand why anyone would choose most japanese midsize cars over this.