Used 1995 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Reliable, Comfy, Good on Gas
By cmccausland on 11/19/14 04:08 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned a Gen III, Olds 88 with 205 HP V6, and that had 170k miles on it, sold it to my brother who needed a reliable car, good on gas. His friend totaled it, hit 2 deer on the interstate. Since then I have kept my eye out, and found this low mileage (66K Original!!!) one that a co-worker had from grandparents. Not quite as good on gas or as much power as the Olds, but very good car. I see about 22 combined mileage with Lucas Fuel Treatment. I paid $500 for it, my mechanic son-in-law put on new front brake pads/rotors, tune-up, brake lines, new trans filter/fluid, vacuum lines repaired/repainted top (vinyl top came off on highway!) All for $620 parts/labor, toatal of about $1200!

Reliable Comfortable Ride
By crowbarcharlie on 03/29/13 21:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I acquired the '95 limited last year from my dad and at first I was skeptical about driving a 17 year old car with 125,000 miles. At 138,000 miles last week the brake lines, front wheel brake pads and rotors, and a stabilizer bar were replaced. In its lifetime there haven't been any big money issues. A water pump, spark plug wires/ plugs, and passenger climate control have been fixed. The fuel economy is decent. I have gotten 28+mpg on interstate trips with a fully packed car. I get ~16mpg with city only driving. It has been a reliable car for me.

Premium Motor Car
By somerton on 02/28/13 13:40 PM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

In 30 years driving, this is clearly one of the highest quality vehicles that I've owned or driven. We purchased it in 2003 with 110,000 miles and we've run it to 216,000 miles. It's regular use is inner-city Philadelphia driving but it tackled multiple trips to Chicago, Jamestown (western NY), Toronto, Boston, and Florida. Saw 29 mpg hwy on 35 psi tires. Repairs have been: All brake cylinders, calipers, master cylinder, and ABS unit, PCM, compressor, blower motor, temp control module, tie rods ends, motor mounts, wtr pmp, starter. When the math is done for all repairs, maintenance, and inspections, it comes to $.10/mile over 10 yrs. Not bad for a $2,500 investment up front!

Nice Couch on Wheels
By chevelle68 on 08/31/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 95 Lesabre has been in the family since new. I use it as my daily commuter to save gas and miles on my other gas thirsty trucks. Overall the car has been reliable. Other than the usual wear items (a/c, brakes, etc.) I've had to replace a cheap plastic water fitting at the intake. And the ECM started acting haywire, but a junkyard computer for $50 solved that problem. It's not a "fun" car, but it's cheap, reliable, and I get a solid 20 mpg with town and highway driving, Almost 22 on all highway driving. Easy to work on and parts are cheap.

Miss it.
By agastonguay13 on 08/06/12 13:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Was given my Lesabre third(fourth, fifth?) hand by my mother who wanted me to have a safe first car to take to college. It took me some time to get used to such a big car after learning on a Chevy Cavalier, but soon enough I loved it. Gas mileage wasn't terrible for such a big car and it was great in the snow. It had 155,000 miles on it when I hit a frost heave and tore out a coolant hose. Stupidly decided to try and drive it home. Made it, but the gaskets blew on the way there. Couldn't afford to fix it so I sold it (along with a would-be replacement that turned out to be junk) to another patron of my mechanic. He fixed it and I see it around town from time to time. Looking to buy another.

Good Reliable Car
By The Seeker on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and fell in love with it. It rides smooth and is good on gas. So far I've replaced the water pump and the brake cylinder seems to be next. I has 117k so I expect good thing in the near future. Peace and love.

244000miles and still going
By Bob on 02/28/09 10:01 AM (PST)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for 5 yrs. the only thing costly was the fuel pump ($400) inc. labor. The amazing thing is all of the factory exhaust is still in excellent condition,I had the trans fluid changed evey 40,000 mi and never had a problem with it. January cold weather in Mass. can take its' toll and that is when the rear brake line went out after a panic stop from a fool not paying attention with his snowblower went out into the road, but the safety system worked impeccably, the car stopped far away from him. the car still uses no oil 1/2 qt. between changes. Hate to part with it,still no rush issues.but how much can you expect from a car with this situation? Am looking for a newer one.

Electric and Leaks
By John on 07/21/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My car leaked from poor fitting panels on the floor. Cost 750 to get it fixed. Also very poor alternator - went through 5 in five years! Everything else was fine.

I MIss my Car!
By Inez Osmus on 03/20/07 00:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

It was totaled by roadrager and was injured in ribs and shoulder but my Mom was notinjured! Thatshows how good this car is. I was sitting up closer to steering wheel. I'm shorter than her. I was just learning to drive and she felt this car would be safest! I hope to find another Buick Le Sabre in mid 90's or maybe a Park Ave. It had gold leather and sure miss it as is best for my back! Don't care for bucket seats anymore, hurt the back way too much!

Old man
By nick on 10/22/06 05:18 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I'm still under 50, but my car gets me called "old man"! I bought the car 10 yrs old with 52k miles; I''m sure I can sell for teh same. Great value. Real interior comfort, favorite 3800 motor, all in a "snowplow"!