Used 1995 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

1995 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Reliable, Comfy, Good on Gas
By cmccausland

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned a Gen III, Olds 88 with 205 HP V6, and that had 170k miles on it, sold it to my brother who needed a reliable car, good on gas. His friend totaled it, hit 2 deer on the interstate. Since then I have kept my eye out, and found this low mileage (66K Original!!!) one that a co-worker had from grandparents. Not quite as good on gas or as much power as the Olds, but very good car. I see about 22 combined mileage with Lucas Fuel Treatment. I paid $500 for it, my mechanic son-in-law put on new front brake pads/rotors, tune-up, brake lines, new trans filter/fluid, vacuum lines repaired/repainted top (vinyl top came off on highway!) All for $620 parts/labor, toatal of about $1200!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel mounted radio controls, comfy ride, can steer with one finger. Great daily driver, good in all weather, good on gas, reliable, soft ride that soaks up pot holes/ruts, very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Well, the car is almost 20 years old! Really, if new, the suspension could have been a little firmer, and steering a little tighter. The newer GEN III engine has more power/better fuel economy. Antenna freezes which is annoying, no radio reception!

Reliable Comfortable Ride
By crowbarcharlie

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I acquired the '95 limited last year from my dad and at first I was skeptical about driving a 17 year old car with 125,000 miles. At 138,000 miles last week the brake lines, front wheel brake pads and rotors, and a stabilizer bar were replaced. In its lifetime there haven't been any big money issues. A water pump, spark plug wires/ plugs, and passenger climate control have been fixed. The fuel economy is decent. I have gotten 28+mpg on interstate trips with a fully packed car. I get ~16mpg with city only driving. It has been a reliable car for me.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the car are the power leather seats, dual climate control and the leg room for the back seats. It fits 4 adults comfortably. The cabin is rather quiet too. I didn't like the dynaride at first but learned to love it. I always feel safe because of the sturdy build. The car is easy to see out of. The windows are large and the head rests are low which makes turning the head to check the blind spots pretty easy. When people ride in it they are impressed by the refinement/ craftsmanship and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The car drives like a boat. The acceleration isn't spirited and the braking isn't the shortest but it is a LeSabre, not a sports car. With cruise control activated the car will slow a mile or two on the tall hills and coast down them a mile or two faster. It is tough to gauge how close the front bumper is to the other cars when parking. When the trunk is opened after it has rained some water will drain into the trunk. This will never be a chick magnet and is occasionally the butt of jokes.

Premium Motor Car
By somerton

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

In 30 years driving, this is clearly one of the highest quality vehicles that I've owned or driven. We purchased it in 2003 with 110,000 miles and we've run it to 216,000 miles. It's regular use is inner-city Philadelphia driving but it tackled multiple trips to Chicago, Jamestown (western NY), Toronto, Boston, and Florida. Saw 29 mpg hwy on 35 psi tires. Repairs have been: All brake cylinders, calipers, master cylinder, and ABS unit, PCM, compressor, blower motor, temp control module, tie rods ends, motor mounts, wtr pmp, starter. When the math is done for all repairs, maintenance, and inspections, it comes to $.10/mile over 10 yrs. Not bad for a $2,500 investment up front!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, confident steering and braking, even under pressure or hazardous conditions. Overall construction is superb! Tremendous power and economy from the 3800cc motor!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk lid, when raised during or after a rain, drips water directly into the trunk space.

Nice Couch on Wheels
By chevelle68

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 95 Lesabre has been in the family since new. I use it as my daily commuter to save gas and miles on my other gas thirsty trucks. Overall the car has been reliable. Other than the usual wear items (a/c, brakes, etc.) I've had to replace a cheap plastic water fitting at the intake. And the ECM started acting haywire, but a junkyard computer for $50 solved that problem. It's not a "fun" car, but it's cheap, reliable, and I get a solid 20 mpg with town and highway driving, Almost 22 on all highway driving. Easy to work on and parts are cheap.

Favorite Features

Reliable 3800 motor, easy to see out the back window unlike newer cars.

Suggested Improvements

Would prefer the car to have larger side mirrors, this car needs an aftermarket CD player with AUX input.

Miss it.
By agastonguay13

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Was given my Lesabre third(fourth, fifth?) hand by my mother who wanted me to have a safe first car to take to college. It took me some time to get used to such a big car after learning on a Chevy Cavalier, but soon enough I loved it. Gas mileage wasn't terrible for such a big car and it was great in the snow. It had 155,000 miles on it when I hit a frost heave and tore out a coolant hose. Stupidly decided to try and drive it home. Made it, but the gaskets blew on the way there. Couldn't afford to fix it so I sold it (along with a would-be replacement that turned out to be junk) to another patron of my mechanic. He fixed it and I see it around town from time to time. Looking to buy another.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature on this car was the front bench seat. It was so comfortable. Fully adjustable up, down, left, right, diagonal. Had room for six (including my large behind).

Suggested Improvements

The only Improvement would be a stock cupholder. Had room for a loose one but I would've liked one built in.