Very Comfortable Ride
By Lorr on
1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan
This car has the nicest ride of all I've ever got to own/drive! The only other nicer riding car I've driven was a Uhaul Chevrolet C1500 pickup truck. Unfortunately, it does have a few negatives. When I bought mine with 75k miles, it already had a constant misfire due to a or a couple of stuck fuel injectors. Because of this, the idle often gets too low when parallel parking effectively eliminating steering assist. Electrical system reconfigured itself at 115k. Car suddenly died, lights out, restarted a few minutes later but now lacking the function of radio(oddly tape plyr still works),AC, and manual interior lights (still works with door).
Favorite Features
Plush ride, brakes so powerfull you'd think GM borrowed them from their pickup truck line, footwell lights(no other car I know has them), very good vibration/harshness isolation (typical of GM cars).
Suggested Improvements
Other than the electrical system and fuel injector unreliability, the car is an inexpensive nice, comfortable transport. Exterior profile could look more symmetrical like the Lumina's.
By blackbird82
on 11/10/11 20:03 PM (PST)

I've had the SAME problem w/ radio failure while cassette still works (must be on a different fuse) and the same w/ the interior light switch, while still working opening the door. Also cigar lighter stopped working- may be on same circuit. Overall GREAT car. Fuel injector problems on 3800 engines are NOT common I've seen MANY of these engines in scrap yards with well over 225,000 miles, with original injectors. Most of these also still ran but transmissions failed and were not repaired. Voted on the top 10 BEST engines of the 20th century!!! used since the '60's and updated since until only recently...