1993 Buick LeSabre Consumer Review: One of the BEST cars I've owne

1993 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Review

One of the BEST cars I've owned- out of 42!!!
By blackbird82 on

1993 Buick LeSabre 90th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This is a downgrade from a 92 Park Ave. ULTRA (supercharged) I owned but was taken by ex. But, its ride is almost identical (my LeSabre doesn't have air ride), and reliability is superb. I bought it with 122,000 mi, but it ran very rough due to extremely POOR maintenance and lack of regular oil changes. I then had to replace engine at 127,000 mi as a result of a camshaft counter-balance shaft bearing failure, due to the neglect of the woman who owned it before me. Now my used engine has 170,000+ on it, and is somewhat tired, but runs smooth and without issues. looking right now into water/alcohol vapor as well as hydrogen kits to improve economy, as well as real ram-air scoop to boost power.

Superb ride, cheap to maintain/easy to get parts, great power for weight of car, safe, spacious interior and sleek aerodynamic exterior. Great brakes, great visibility, Very reliable comared to similar cars.

VERY common harmonic balancer failure (mine went out on the old engine), semi-common transmission failures (due mostly to dumb people never changing fluid/filters or at least not until its too late), soft shocks with high miles (but what car doesn't?). Also poorly thought of PLASTIC intake, introduced after 1992, that have tendencies to crack, warp or start leaking air/fuel, or coolant.