Used 1993 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Best inheritance ever!
By Jaraldo

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am a new driver. I am 16 and I was left this car by my late grandmother (bless her heart). It's a tan 1993 LeSabre Custom. She was the second owner and bought it with only 45,000 miles in I think 1997 and she shortly thereafter couldn't drive so the car was kept in a garage. Driven every now and then. But cleaned regularly... I made sure of it.. ;) It's now 2009 and the car just rolled over to 65,139... I kid u not. I plan to drive this car forever - it's been great. Never had one issue. Alternator was replaced once but no big issue. RECOMMEND TO ALL!!!!!

DYNARIDE!!! Haha - I can't help but laugh after it jiggles over bumps in the road. The 3800 V-6! 125 hp and 225lbs ft torque def move this car very nicely.... and for a car its size I'm getting 30 mpg highway and 20-25 city.... (not much city driving so never really clocked it).

Little bit bigger mirrors.... little hard for me to get a good side view.

Love my LeSabre
By Debra

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 LeSabre, with guess what? 189K miles, it was a one owner car since day one. My brother is a mechanic and said who ever had that car took a one care of it mechanically. It will probably go for another 100K miles. All I have replaced on it is a water pump which cost me a whopping $30. My previous vehicle was a 91 Buick century which I literally drove into the ground at 300K. You can but your last bottom dollar that when the 93 I now own sees auto paradise another Buick will be taking it's place. I absoulutely love Buicks and if you look around, you see they everywhere. These cars are built to last and I love them!

Comfort, accessible to controls, love those totally adjustable seats and the stereo isn't all bad either

None that I can think of.

A nice car
By nicecar

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought a '93 Buick LeSabre in Sep. 2002, with 110,000 miles and now (summer 2007) it has 147,000 miles and going pretty strong. The car has been relatively reliable, spending no more than $1,000 per year to fix, usually less. No major problems, engine and transmission are smooth and nice. Of course, other things like a starter, engine wiring, etc. needed replacing, but these are things to be expected for a car with that many miles. The car is noise free and a pleasure to ride, very comfortable and roomy. The handling is not competitive, but then this is not the car to race with. Fuel efficiency is also low, but given what you are getting is good. Overall very satisfied.

Roomy interior and trunk, very little noise, no rattles, reliable engine, transmission and electronics

Paint job quality, outside design, handling

Nice car for the money
By Dimitris

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Really nice car, big enough for going around with friends, comfortable enough for long trips. Big engine keeps you satisfied with good acceleration and enough torgue. The handling is what would be expected for such a comfortable ride, meaning you have to be careful when speeding and/or making turns. Reliability wise, many parts are failing after the 100k, but mostly what to be expected. Since, $1000 per year should be kept aside to fix it. A known discoloration issue that has devastated many similar Buicks has not skipped mine, and now the car looks like having two colors... :-) Still a very nice car that will take me places comfortably and affordable for a student nowadays to buy.

Torque and acceleration, huge space and ability to sit six, power seat adjustments, comfort in many levels.

Reliability, too soft suspension, paint job, dim light inside the cabin (yes previous reviewer, it is not only your car!), gas/mileage ratio (although pretty good for that engine size).

I Love My Buick!
By elysian

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car is a dream!! I enjoy driving it on long rides & around town. Don't let this car fool you!! The V-6 3.8 liter engine carries this 4000lb car like a feather. You step on the gas in this car & you can feel it!! It pulls you back, the power is impressive. The dynaride makes this car handle like a sports car. Turns in this car no matter what speed, it holds tight to any roadway. On the highway, watch out!! This car wants to go, before you know it, you are going 80mph & cannot feel it!! I love this car!!!

The V-6 3.8 liter engine, dynaride. The gas mileage is 28 highway, 20 city, with over a 100,000 miles on the engine. You can be driving 80 mph & not even feel like you are going that fast. I just love this car!!

The ashtray is a bit of a chore to reach if you prefer the steering wheel at it lowest point, but I work around that. The interior lighting is inefficient(maybe it is just my buick, lol) The clear coat paint chipping.