1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
My 1993 Buick LeSabre
By James Doran on 03/28/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this LeSabre when it had 30,000 miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it. I had the transmission rebuilt at 90,000 miles, replaced the alternator and replaced the spark plugs once. The car needs repainting, the disc brake pads and rotors need replacing, again, and the windshield needs replacing. But, I would buy this car again. I have had much worse cars.

Very Comfortable Ride
By Lorr on 07/18/09 01:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has the nicest ride of all I've ever got to own/drive! The only other nicer riding car I've driven was a Uhaul Chevrolet C1500 pickup truck. Unfortunately, it does have a few negatives. When I bought mine with 75k miles, it already had a constant misfire due to a or a couple of stuck fuel injectors. Because of this, the idle often gets too low when parallel parking effectively eliminating steering assist. Electrical system reconfigured itself at 115k. Car suddenly died, lights out, restarted a few minutes later but now lacking the function of radio(oddly tape plyr still works),AC, and manual interior lights (still works with door).

God bless the GM 3800
By Dan on 10/25/07 06:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

It's so comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable, that after 175k miles, I just can't convince myself to trade it in on something new. It's been absolutely reliable only breaking down once needing a new water pump. It's really nice on long road trips as the seats are like sitting in a Laz-E- Boy or something. Never had parts of my anatomy fall asleep or anything. Perfect carpool car as there is tons of room in the back seat for even the largest of adults. Gas mileage has been respectable averaging about 17-20 mpg in the city. I've had 3 carseats across the back seat for the last two years and there's plenty of room. Huge trunk for double stroller and all the other kid supplies.

Best car I've owned
By lori on 03/07/06 07:00 AM (PST)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my LeSabre for $3800 in 2001 after doing internet research on lasting vehicles. I have not been disappointed! It is so comfy that the first time I drove it, the kids fell asleep during the first 15 minutes and I nearly did, too! It had 96k mi. on it then, and it now has 185k. I've only had the fuel pump and struts replaced, a couple of alignments, and a $100 electronic part replaced twice. When I was looking into getting a new car, I decided I wanted a 2002, or newer, LeSabre. But they seem to have some neg. feedback, so I keep driving mine. I guess I'll replace the headliner and keep driving it until it stops running-if ever. With 22-24 mi/gal on trips, and room for six, I'm spoiled!

Review of 93 Buick
By V. Liem on 05/24/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

The car is very good in general. I have only two problems:the remote-controlled door and ABS stopped working right after passing 36,000 mileage, the warranty was just expired. I left these problems until now because of high repair cost. The engine is still very good until now, with mileage 252,600. I drove the car across the country at least 10 times. Air conditioning system still working very well in driving through desserts. If I do not have problem with the ABS and remote doors, I would definitely buy another Buick.

Very Reliable
By Buicklover on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 30,000 miles on it in June 2003. With the V-6, the car has performed very well and is very comfortable for my 6 foot frame and my wife's 5 foot frame. We take it on long trips and it is very comfortable. I project that the engine will go nearly 200,000 miles but the transmission is starting to show some wear. I expect to have it rebuilt arount 100k miles. A few chips in the paint but that is expected. I will refurbish this car or buy another like it someday-after this one drops dead because it is so reliable. For the money, it cannot be beat.

very good car!
By utoutlaw8 on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

very good car,the next car I buy will be the same kind.very dependable car.

My Car
By Chuck Finney on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new from Frederick Cadillac (then a Buick dealer) in October 1993. I have had it serviced every 3000 miles by Frederick's and then Huling Buick when I moved to West Seattle. I have all the service records. The transmission has been replaced and serviced as have the hoses and any other recommendation made by the dealer. The car has 106,000 miles.