1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
1993 Buick LeSabre Limited still hauling
By gm_til_death on 07/15/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I just picked up this car for 300 has 281,000k`s did a tune up replaced the alternator need to replace transmission fluid, and had to reattach the sub frame and steering. The car runs great and kicks but on the highway considering the high kms. I`m keeping this car til it dies completely then I`ll probably get another one and use mine as parts. I`ve seen these cars go up to 400,000k`s at the junkyard. overall amazing car would buy another one in a heartbeat.

One of the BEST cars I've owned- out of 42!!!
By blackbird82 on 11/10/11 20:17 PM (PST)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan 90th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This is a downgrade from a 92 Park Ave. ULTRA (supercharged) I owned but was taken by ex. But, its ride is almost identical (my LeSabre doesn't have air ride), and reliability is superb. I bought it with 122,000 mi, but it ran very rough due to extremely POOR maintenance and lack of regular oil changes. I then had to replace engine at 127,000 mi as a result of a camshaft counter-balance shaft bearing failure, due to the neglect of the woman who owned it before me. Now my used engine has 170,000+ on it, and is somewhat tired, but runs smooth and without issues. looking right now into water/alcohol vapor as well as hydrogen kits to improve economy, as well as real ram-air scoop to boost power.

My 1993 Buick LeSabre
By James Doran on 03/28/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this LeSabre when it had 30,000 miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it. I had the transmission rebuilt at 90,000 miles, replaced the alternator and replaced the spark plugs once. The car needs repainting, the disc brake pads and rotors need replacing, again, and the windshield needs replacing. But, I would buy this car again. I have had much worse cars.

Best inheritance ever!
By Jaraldo on 08/02/09 21:35 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am a new driver. I am 16 and I was left this car by my late grandmother (bless her heart). It's a tan 1993 LeSabre Custom. She was the second owner and bought it with only 45,000 miles in I think 1997 and she shortly thereafter couldn't drive so the car was kept in a garage. Driven every now and then. But cleaned regularly... I made sure of it.. ;) It's now 2009 and the car just rolled over to 65,139... I kid u not. I plan to drive this car forever - it's been great. Never had one issue. Alternator was replaced once but no big issue. RECOMMEND TO ALL!!!!!

Very Comfortable Ride
By Lorr on 07/18/09 01:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has the nicest ride of all I've ever got to own/drive! The only other nicer riding car I've driven was a Uhaul Chevrolet C1500 pickup truck. Unfortunately, it does have a few negatives. When I bought mine with 75k miles, it already had a constant misfire due to a or a couple of stuck fuel injectors. Because of this, the idle often gets too low when parallel parking effectively eliminating steering assist. Electrical system reconfigured itself at 115k. Car suddenly died, lights out, restarted a few minutes later but now lacking the function of radio(oddly tape plyr still works),AC, and manual interior lights (still works with door).

Love my LeSabre
By Debra on 10/31/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 LeSabre, with guess what? 189K miles, it was a one owner car since day one. My brother is a mechanic and said who ever had that car took a one care of it mechanically. It will probably go for another 100K miles. All I have replaced on it is a water pump which cost me a whopping $30. My previous vehicle was a 91 Buick century which I literally drove into the ground at 300K. You can but your last bottom dollar that when the 93 I now own sees auto paradise another Buick will be taking it's place. I absoulutely love Buicks and if you look around, you see they everywhere. These cars are built to last and I love them!

Want another!
By Happy in Idaho on 04/04/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan 90th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 20000, now has 150,000. Needed alternator and new cruise control but worth it. Car accelerates at 65 like no one's business and gets excellent average MPG on highway of 29-30 on open road. Trim around door is shrinking and expensive to replace. Love this car and will definitely keep it til it falls apart. Excellent car!

God bless the GM 3800
By Dan on 10/25/07 06:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

It's so comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable, that after 175k miles, I just can't convince myself to trade it in on something new. It's been absolutely reliable only breaking down once needing a new water pump. It's really nice on long road trips as the seats are like sitting in a Laz-E- Boy or something. Never had parts of my anatomy fall asleep or anything. Perfect carpool car as there is tons of room in the back seat for even the largest of adults. Gas mileage has been respectable averaging about 17-20 mpg in the city. I've had 3 carseats across the back seat for the last two years and there's plenty of room. Huge trunk for double stroller and all the other kid supplies.

A nice car
By nicecar on 07/09/07 07:34 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought a '93 Buick LeSabre in Sep. 2002, with 110,000 miles and now (summer 2007) it has 147,000 miles and going pretty strong. The car has been relatively reliable, spending no more than $1,000 per year to fix, usually less. No major problems, engine and transmission are smooth and nice. Of course, other things like a starter, engine wiring, etc. needed replacing, but these are things to be expected for a car with that many miles. The car is noise free and a pleasure to ride, very comfortable and roomy. The handling is not competitive, but then this is not the car to race with. Fuel efficiency is also low, but given what you are getting is good. Overall very satisfied.

Best car I've owned
By lori on 03/07/06 07:00 AM (PST)

1993 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my LeSabre for $3800 in 2001 after doing internet research on lasting vehicles. I have not been disappointed! It is so comfy that the first time I drove it, the kids fell asleep during the first 15 minutes and I nearly did, too! It had 96k mi. on it then, and it now has 185k. I've only had the fuel pump and struts replaced, a couple of alignments, and a $100 electronic part replaced twice. When I was looking into getting a new car, I decided I wanted a 2002, or newer, LeSabre. But they seem to have some neg. feedback, so I keep driving mine. I guess I'll replace the headliner and keep driving it until it stops running-if ever. With 22-24 mi/gal on trips, and room for six, I'm spoiled!