Used 1993 Buick LeSabre Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Most Helpful|
Very Comfortable Ride
By Lorr

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has the nicest ride of all I've ever got to own/drive! The only other nicer riding car I've driven was a Uhaul Chevrolet C1500 pickup truck. Unfortunately, it does have a few negatives. When I bought mine with 75k miles, it already had a constant misfire due to a or a couple of stuck fuel injectors. Because of this, the idle often gets too low when parallel parking effectively eliminating steering assist. Electrical system reconfigured itself at 115k. Car suddenly died, lights out, restarted a few minutes later but now lacking the function of radio(oddly tape plyr still works),AC, and manual interior lights (still works with door).

Favorite Features

Plush ride, brakes so powerfull you'd think GM borrowed them from their pickup truck line, footwell lights(no other car I know has them), very good vibration/harshness isolation (typical of GM cars).

Suggested Improvements

Other than the electrical system and fuel injector unreliability, the car is an inexpensive nice, comfortable transport. Exterior profile could look more symmetrical like the Lumina's.

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited still hauling
By gm_til_death

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I just picked up this car for 300 has 281,000k`s did a tune up replaced the alternator need to replace transmission fluid, and had to reattach the sub frame and steering. The car runs great and kicks but on the highway considering the high kms. I`m keeping this car til it dies completely then I`ll probably get another one and use mine as parts. I`ve seen these cars go up to 400,000k`s at the junkyard. overall amazing car would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

power mirrors seats windows locks keyfob and dual zone climate control

Suggested Improvements

dont jump this. why dont they still make them like this anymore also make the trunk release work when the cars off

My 1993 Buick LeSabre
By James Doran

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this LeSabre when it had 30,000 miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it. I had the transmission rebuilt at 90,000 miles, replaced the alternator and replaced the spark plugs once. The car needs repainting, the disc brake pads and rotors need replacing, again, and the windshield needs replacing. But, I would buy this car again. I have had much worse cars.

Favorite Features

The 3.8 liter engine, the comfort and the leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Paint job is poor. Trunk leaks rain into the trunk. Too much in the hood compartment. Transmission needs to be stronger.

Best car I've owned
By lori

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my LeSabre for $3800 in 2001 after doing internet research on lasting vehicles. I have not been disappointed! It is so comfy that the first time I drove it, the kids fell asleep during the first 15 minutes and I nearly did, too! It had 96k mi. on it then, and it now has 185k. I've only had the fuel pump and struts replaced, a couple of alignments, and a $100 electronic part replaced twice. When I was looking into getting a new car, I decided I wanted a 2002, or newer, LeSabre. But they seem to have some neg. feedback, so I keep driving mine. I guess I'll replace the headliner and keep driving it until it stops running-if ever. With 22-24 mi/gal on trips, and room for six, I'm spoiled!

Favorite Features

Seats are like riding on on a leather couch! Also like knowing outside temp, and the passenger being able to put heat on themselves when I want a/c.

Suggested Improvements

From what I hear on newer LeSabres, all the window motors break. need to fix that.

God bless the GM 3800
By Dan

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

It's so comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable, that after 175k miles, I just can't convince myself to trade it in on something new. It's been absolutely reliable only breaking down once needing a new water pump. It's really nice on long road trips as the seats are like sitting in a Laz-E- Boy or something. Never had parts of my anatomy fall asleep or anything. Perfect carpool car as there is tons of room in the back seat for even the largest of adults. Gas mileage has been respectable averaging about 17-20 mpg in the city. I've had 3 carseats across the back seat for the last two years and there's plenty of room. Huge trunk for double stroller and all the other kid supplies.

Favorite Features

Engine - extraordinary workhorse, reliable, torque when you need it but smooth as silk. Comfort, hard to beat a Buick's ride quality. Outstanding highway creuising comfort. Digital automatic climate control.Dual zone sure is nice. Very large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Outside chromed trim around the top of the doors broke and it hard to come by. Radio has started acting flakey, not wanting to come on right away, but it does come on eventually. Kinda weird.