Used 1993 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited still hauling
By gm_til_death

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I just picked up this car for 300 has 281,000k`s did a tune up replaced the alternator need to replace transmission fluid, and had to reattach the sub frame and steering. The car runs great and kicks but on the highway considering the high kms. I`m keeping this car til it dies completely then I`ll probably get another one and use mine as parts. I`ve seen these cars go up to 400,000k`s at the junkyard. overall amazing car would buy another one in a heartbeat.

power mirrors seats windows locks keyfob and dual zone climate control

dont jump this. why dont they still make them like this anymore also make the trunk release work when the cars off

One of the BEST cars I've owned- out of 42!!!
By blackbird82

1993 Buick LeSabre 90th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This is a downgrade from a 92 Park Ave. ULTRA (supercharged) I owned but was taken by ex. But, its ride is almost identical (my LeSabre doesn't have air ride), and reliability is superb. I bought it with 122,000 mi, but it ran very rough due to extremely POOR maintenance and lack of regular oil changes. I then had to replace engine at 127,000 mi as a result of a camshaft counter-balance shaft bearing failure, due to the neglect of the woman who owned it before me. Now my used engine has 170,000+ on it, and is somewhat tired, but runs smooth and without issues. looking right now into water/alcohol vapor as well as hydrogen kits to improve economy, as well as real ram-air scoop to boost power.

Superb ride, cheap to maintain/easy to get parts, great power for weight of car, safe, spacious interior and sleek aerodynamic exterior. Great brakes, great visibility, Very reliable comared to similar cars.

VERY common harmonic balancer failure (mine went out on the old engine), semi-common transmission failures (due mostly to dumb people never changing fluid/filters or at least not until its too late), soft shocks with high miles (but what car doesn't?). Also poorly thought of PLASTIC intake, introduced after 1992, that have tendencies to crack, warp or start leaking air/fuel, or coolant.

My 1993 Buick LeSabre
By James Doran

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this LeSabre when it had 30,000 miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it. I had the transmission rebuilt at 90,000 miles, replaced the alternator and replaced the spark plugs once. The car needs repainting, the disc brake pads and rotors need replacing, again, and the windshield needs replacing. But, I would buy this car again. I have had much worse cars.

The 3.8 liter engine, the comfort and the leather seats.

Paint job is poor. Trunk leaks rain into the trunk. Too much in the hood compartment. Transmission needs to be stronger.

Best inheritance ever!
By Jaraldo

1993 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I am a new driver. I am 16 and I was left this car by my late grandmother (bless her heart). It's a tan 1993 LeSabre Custom. She was the second owner and bought it with only 45,000 miles in I think 1997 and she shortly thereafter couldn't drive so the car was kept in a garage. Driven every now and then. But cleaned regularly... I made sure of it.. ;) It's now 2009 and the car just rolled over to 65,139... I kid u not. I plan to drive this car forever - it's been great. Never had one issue. Alternator was replaced once but no big issue. RECOMMEND TO ALL!!!!!

DYNARIDE!!! Haha - I can't help but laugh after it jiggles over bumps in the road. The 3800 V-6! 125 hp and 225lbs ft torque def move this car very nicely.... and for a car its size I'm getting 30 mpg highway and 20-25 city.... (not much city driving so never really clocked it).

Little bit bigger mirrors.... little hard for me to get a good side view.

Very Comfortable Ride
By Lorr

1993 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has the nicest ride of all I've ever got to own/drive! The only other nicer riding car I've driven was a Uhaul Chevrolet C1500 pickup truck. Unfortunately, it does have a few negatives. When I bought mine with 75k miles, it already had a constant misfire due to a or a couple of stuck fuel injectors. Because of this, the idle often gets too low when parallel parking effectively eliminating steering assist. Electrical system reconfigured itself at 115k. Car suddenly died, lights out, restarted a few minutes later but now lacking the function of radio(oddly tape plyr still works),AC, and manual interior lights (still works with door).

Plush ride, brakes so powerfull you'd think GM borrowed them from their pickup truck line, footwell lights(no other car I know has them), very good vibration/harshness isolation (typical of GM cars).

Other than the electrical system and fuel injector unreliability, the car is an inexpensive nice, comfortable transport. Exterior profile could look more symmetrical like the Lumina's.