Best car ever made!
By porcelinasoma on
1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan
I bought this car nine years ago for $500 with about 130,000 miles on it. It was an awesome deal for reliability and I seriously got my money's worth out of it. It had some problems due to age and my lack of money to keep it maintained as well as I should have. The radiator system began losing freeze plugs one after the other, and it had a cracked intake manifold, so I was constantly filling the radiator. With better maintenance, I would have had fewer issues. The car is tons of fun to drive and handled better than any car I have ever driven in my life. This car's body is so strong that I drove it home safely after a tree fell directly on top of it in a storm, and it ran like a charm.
Favorite Features
Rides better than a brand new Mercedes E-Class, even 21 years old with no shocks. Very easy to handle and great for a new driver. The engine is easy to work on and maintain, even for someone who knows little about cars. The body is incredibly strong and handles dents and damage well. It's very roomy, both in interior and the trunk. Great visibility while driving, with windows almost all the way around the vehicle and very little in the way of blind spots. Easy for a person of any size to drive, including someone 5 feet tall and 85 lbs (like me). The whole hood of the car is visible while driving, as is most of the trunk. Shockingly easy to parallel park considering its size!
Suggested Improvements
It's not fashionable-looking at all, and it has a distinctive "old-lady car" feel. The dashboard's fake wood paneling is cheesy. As for handling and quality, I can't think of a single thing I would change.