1992 Buick LeSabre Consumer Review: A pleasant surprise

1992 Buick LeSabre

A pleasant surprise
By me? in a BUICK?! on

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this "beast" from my bro-in- law for $1,000. It had about 82,000 miles. I figured it would be a good first car for my soon to be driving 17 yr old daughter. Little did I know I would need it for myself. I've put 10,000 miles on it since. Its too big and mushy for my taste. I tend to drive spiritedly. You just cant zip around corners. But its got a lot going for it and a used LeSabre is a terrific value. This car was $24,000 in '92 with loads of luxo/safety items. They are generally owned by older folk who drive easier and keep up with servicing. The car is very dependable. I recently replaced the master cylinder which gave me plenty of warning ($500).

Very secure and stable in snow & slush. Driver air bag. ABS. Roomy, quiet, good power. The cruise wiper & climate controls are excellent. Very comfortable for passengers. Runs smooth on low octain. Nice to have power front seats, map lights. Secure & safe trunk release. Big trunk.

The driver seat is too low & needs lumbar support. Too soft of a ride. Be careful to slow down when cornering. The hood jiggles. The driver side mirror is too small and too close to driver. Removing the spare tire could kill you. And why 2 different keys?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review