1992 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Pretty cool car
By yesnoyes on 10/21/12 22:09 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has been my first and only car besides a 1993 Toyota Corrola. I like the size of the car, as I am a fan or larger size cars. The buick I drive is beat up, and old, it sat for many years without driving, and has been through alot. Despite the fact that the entire car is a cosmetic issue and that the paint is peeling off, I love it. It's comfortable, huge, and it has a large 3.8 v6 engine that gives it alot of power. Mine has terrible gas mileage, and it died once due to a broken crank, but I still love the car. Very comfortable, large, and powerful car. I hope to own it for a long time. [non-permissible content removed].

Best car ever made!
By porcelinasoma on 08/25/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car nine years ago for $500 with about 130,000 miles on it. It was an awesome deal for reliability and I seriously got my money's worth out of it. It had some problems due to age and my lack of money to keep it maintained as well as I should have. The radiator system began losing freeze plugs one after the other, and it had a cracked intake manifold, so I was constantly filling the radiator. With better maintenance, I would have had fewer issues. The car is tons of fun to drive and handled better than any car I have ever driven in my life. This car's body is so strong that I drove it home safely after a tree fell directly on top of it in a storm, and it ran like a charm.

my tank a 1992 Lasabre
By The Big E on 11/01/09 00:46 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

i got this car a present from my parents for my senior year of high school. it is a rocket with a big thirsty engine that goes like hell. the shocks are completly gone so it feels like a roller coaster when driving around and makes a lot of understeer in the turns but i also drive a little fast. the anti lock brakes do not work so i have to pump them to stop but over all it is a good tank that will get me from place to place and if i get into a wreck the cars size will protect me. the only bad thing about it is the gas millage i get about 15-18 in town and 18-21 on the highway.

Bought it NEW in 1992
By SBRCMT on 10/11/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Far and above the most comfortable automobile I have ever driven or been a passenger in. Great little engine, will take the Smokey Mountain grade and curves without faltering. Great gas mileage. Low maintenance, of course, I keep "her" garaged 100 percent. I have tried some of the current models for comfort and power, and they fail the test.

22 YO young girl LOVES this car!
By mrscervantes on 07/28/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I have NEVER had a car that is more reliable for my buck and the kicker is? I bought this thing with 200,000+ miles for $500 and she is STILL running strong. Aside from reg maintenance, the only thing I had to fix was I had to get a new gas tank which was a pain to find. Apparently, its common that the insides disintegrate after 17 years...but what more could you really ask for? It was a 100 fix, even if it took all day! I love this car and even though its style is not really flattering for me, I would never put her down til she's ready to rest. This car is a BEAST and I'm lucky to have found such a deal! I am a fan of Buick now!

Owned this car longer than any other
By S on 01/20/09 17:12 PM (PST)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Pulled a pop-up camper after Iinstalled cargo coils. Pulled it better than a GMC Jimmy witha 4.3 Great car, was white with a CB antenna on trunk. Was often mistaken for a police car. Very dependable but trunk leaked water when it rained

I've gotten my money's worth!
By Janelle on 01/14/09 13:25 PM (PST)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this land yacht in December '07 for $700 with 162,000 miles on it. I've only had to replace the master cylinder, water pump and left turn signal socket. Nothing too major! I've put about 13,000 miles on her and she still runs great. I've certainly gotten my $700 out of this car. I'm going to keep driving it till it doesn't go anymore.

My first car
By Scott on 12/05/08 23:35 PM (PST)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This was my dad's car, which he gave me. It was a real whale of a car, but I'm 6'5" and it felt like it was built just for me. The V6 engine was powerful enough to be fun, but not absurdly so. It was not sporty in any sense, but I hike a lot and I found that it handled mountain roads just fine. It had low clearance and tended to bottom out a lot, and my dad said he broke an engine mounting bolt once that way. I got about 19.5 mpg mixed, but the difference between city and highway was huge. The transmission finally fell apart one day after 16 years. It was rock-sold reliable otherwise.

Proud Owner
By Al on 01/08/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this 92 LeSabre brand new. I still own the car today because it seems to be the vehicle we always depend on although many new ones have been purchased since then. The car has almost 300 thousand miles on it now and is still as dependable as the day we bought it. We keep the oil changed every 3000 mile and other than shocks, have replaced nothing on it. It is still original.

Second one
By larry on 12/16/05 10:06 AM (PST)

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought a 92 limited with 69,000 miles for $1800 dollars that 85 yr old lady traded in. Arctic white, very tight, nice looking with red leather interior. So far with 3000 miles no problems. Average 28mpg in comfort and safety. I'm not a fan of the 4 speed overdrive auto so I am careful with it.