Used 1992 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

gm marketing for ya
By Derek Bilodeaux

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

When I replaced the water pump, gm put the motor mount directly over the pump. Had to jack up the motor and axel at the same time (to keep the axel from slipping out). Nice marketing strategy, build the car so you have to take it into the dealer to spend more money to have it worked on. Cha-ching$$. You Can't get this country boy fixed it and considering sell this hunk [non-permissible content removed]! For another 70's ford truck.

Pretty cool car
By yesnoyes

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has been my first and only car besides a 1993 Toyota Corrola. I like the size of the car, as I am a fan or larger size cars. The buick I drive is beat up, and old, it sat for many years without driving, and has been through alot. Despite the fact that the entire car is a cosmetic issue and that the paint is peeling off, I love it. It's comfortable, huge, and it has a large 3.8 v6 engine that gives it alot of power. Mine has terrible gas mileage, and it died once due to a broken crank, but I still love the car. Very comfortable, large, and powerful car. I hope to own it for a long time. [non-permissible content removed].

Size, 3.8L engine, interior style, comfortable ride

Best car ever made!
By porcelinasoma

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car nine years ago for $500 with about 130,000 miles on it. It was an awesome deal for reliability and I seriously got my money's worth out of it. It had some problems due to age and my lack of money to keep it maintained as well as I should have. The radiator system began losing freeze plugs one after the other, and it had a cracked intake manifold, so I was constantly filling the radiator. With better maintenance, I would have had fewer issues. The car is tons of fun to drive and handled better than any car I have ever driven in my life. This car's body is so strong that I drove it home safely after a tree fell directly on top of it in a storm, and it ran like a charm.

Rides better than a brand new Mercedes E-Class, even 21 years old with no shocks. Very easy to handle and great for a new driver. The engine is easy to work on and maintain, even for someone who knows little about cars. The body is incredibly strong and handles dents and damage well. It's very roomy, both in interior and the trunk. Great visibility while driving, with windows almost all the way around the vehicle and very little in the way of blind spots. Easy for a person of any size to drive, including someone 5 feet tall and 85 lbs (like me). The whole hood of the car is visible while driving, as is most of the trunk. Shockingly easy to parallel park considering its size!

It's not fashionable-looking at all, and it has a distinctive "old-lady car" feel. The dashboard's fake wood paneling is cheesy. As for handling and quality, I can't think of a single thing I would change.

my tank a 1992 Lasabre
By The Big E

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

i got this car a present from my parents for my senior year of high school. it is a rocket with a big thirsty engine that goes like hell. the shocks are completly gone so it feels like a roller coaster when driving around and makes a lot of understeer in the turns but i also drive a little fast. the anti lock brakes do not work so i have to pump them to stop but over all it is a good tank that will get me from place to place and if i get into a wreck the cars size will protect me. the only bad thing about it is the gas millage i get about 15-18 in town and 18-21 on the highway.

the big engine and the seats are very comfortable for going arond town.

Bought it NEW in 1992
By SBRCMT

1992 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Far and above the most comfortable automobile I have ever driven or been a passenger in. Great little engine, will take the Smokey Mountain grade and curves without faltering. Great gas mileage. Low maintenance, of course, I keep "her" garaged 100 percent. I have tried some of the current models for comfort and power, and they fail the test.

Comfort, comfort, comfort. Great sound system. Great gas mileage even around town.

No improvements to the auto, just advise the automakers to consider comfort for those of us Baby Boomers who want performance AND comfort!

• SUV