Used 1990 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

It's my first!
By Buicklover89

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

It is a good reliable first car. I have had this car for abut 4 years and the only major issues were the struts, and once they were replace, it ran like a champ!

Favorite Features

Very Roomy! Since I'm a larger man.

Great car.....efficient
By Rudiger

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to replace my malibu and save some money. Man, I'm glad I did. This car is great! I recently drove it about a 1000 miles on a trip. With the trunk loaded with suitcases and what not and the backseat loaded with stuff I still got 30-32 MPG on the highway going 70 MPH! Thats good for a 20 year old car. The ride is smooth, comfortable and its quite in the inside. This is quite and efficient machine. I had a problem with it stalling. I replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, ignition module and coil and turns out it was the computer. An easy $40 fix. Now it runs like a champ. I'm glad I did all that. It only adds to the efficiency.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, smooth ride, interior comfort, quietness of cab

Suggested Improvements

cruise control, better design on replacing headlights

Great all around
By caminobear

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother gave me this car when my El Camino was stolen. She was scared of it, because she'd never kept a car for 15 years and thought it was due for trouble. It looks like a grandma car, but I have grown to love the 29 MPG on the highway and the extremely smooth ride. It's also very easy to service - the backward opening hood allows me to stand up straight and not be hunched over. The paint is starting to flake off (too many automatic car washes) and the headliner has been replaced, but otherwise it is in great shape. Even the cassette player still works well. Hope it lasts another 200,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, excellent ride quality.

Le Sabre review
By Chris S.

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car to own, drive and work on. Being a mechanic I find this car overall a great car. Most tasks are relatively easy and for its age the car still looks and drives like a three year old car. I and previous owners were easy on the car, which helps a lot. My car has a great pick- up smooth ride, and is good looking. What else can you hope for?

Favorite Features

Strong 3.8L performance. Comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Certain areas were prone to rust

The Perfect Car
By Connor

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my Lesabre. I bought it new in 1989 and I have gotten many great traveling miles out of it and I hope it will last much a LONG time. It has been kept in Alabama all of it's life. I just recently drove it on a 2,000 mile trip to Fort Lauderdale, Florida without any problems. I drove this car when I traveled all over the united states from 1990 until 1992, I used to put over 40,000 miles on it a year. I have only had one major problem with it which was the transmission when the car only had 2,000 miles on it so it was not a big deal. I also have a 2002 Lesabre and a 2000 Park Avenue, but my all time favorite car is my 1989 Lesabre.

Favorite Features

Ride and Seats

Suggested Improvements

Head Liner it needs replacing