1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
it may be my first but surely will be the best
By redneckracer93 on 05/05/11 11:30 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

yea i may be only 17 and it may be my first car i originally bought the car from my father whom a bought for a little dealership in town and he had to put some money in it but no big deal he drove it for two years then i got the car and had to replace the front caliper slides and the ignition module those have been the only things that i had that really needed replace other than that it is the best riding comfortable ride i have rode in and it is really reliable yea the gas mileage is great for that size of car wish it was a little better but still no complaints

It's my first!
By Buicklover89 on 08/09/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

It is a good reliable first car. I have had this car for abut 4 years and the only major issues were the struts, and once they were replace, it ran like a champ!

Bulletproof
By Geech on 02/21/10 11:29 AM (PST)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1995 and sold it several years ago. Bought it with 60,000 miles on it, and sold it with 240,000 miles on it. I sometimes regret selling it. In all those years and miles I spent zero time worrying about whether the car would make it from point A to point B. Apart from routine maintenance, all I had to do was replace the fuel pump (at 100,000), the radiator (at 150,000) and the exhaust (at 200,000) which had rusted out in the northern winters. Even my mom's Camry (which has 220,000 miles on it) has required more repairs than the LeSabre. I loved the smooth ride & good gas mileage on the highway. I still miss that car sometimes.

She's a Beauty!
By J-Rod on 11/07/09 19:59 PM (PST)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

What line could I start off with except, I love my car! My car will be 20 years old and except for minor rust around the rear wheel wells, it looks and shines like a beauty. Previous owner had it auto armored, and well worth it. She is all power and it all still works. It's white with a velveteen burgundy interior. Of course I have put many new parts into it since I got it 2 1/2 years ago but it runs so smooth that I don't mind putting money into it. I drive her like she's made of glass and fix whatever problem may come up and it continues to take me from A to B without a hitch. The air conditioner needs a tune-up because it doesn't stay cold when it's very hot out. She truly is a beauty!

Great car.....efficient
By Rudiger on 09/10/09 18:22 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to replace my malibu and save some money. Man, I'm glad I did. This car is great! I recently drove it about a 1000 miles on a trip. With the trunk loaded with suitcases and what not and the backseat loaded with stuff I still got 30-32 MPG on the highway going 70 MPH! Thats good for a 20 year old car. The ride is smooth, comfortable and its quite in the inside. This is quite and efficient machine. I had a problem with it stalling. I replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, ignition module and coil and turns out it was the computer. An easy $40 fix. Now it runs like a champ. I'm glad I did all that. It only adds to the efficiency.

Great all around
By caminobear on 06/12/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother gave me this car when my El Camino was stolen. She was scared of it, because she'd never kept a car for 15 years and thought it was due for trouble. It looks like a grandma car, but I have grown to love the 29 MPG on the highway and the extremely smooth ride. It's also very easy to service - the backward opening hood allows me to stand up straight and not be hunched over. The paint is starting to flake off (too many automatic car washes) and the headliner has been replaced, but otherwise it is in great shape. Even the cassette player still works well. Hope it lasts another 200,000 miles!

Le Sabre review
By Chris S. on 03/17/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car to own, drive and work on. Being a mechanic I find this car overall a great car. Most tasks are relatively easy and for its age the car still looks and drives like a three year old car. I and previous owners were easy on the car, which helps a lot. My car has a great pick- up smooth ride, and is good looking. What else can you hope for?

The Perfect Car
By Connor on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my Lesabre. I bought it new in 1989 and I have gotten many great traveling miles out of it and I hope it will last much a LONG time. It has been kept in Alabama all of it's life. I just recently drove it on a 2,000 mile trip to Fort Lauderdale, Florida without any problems. I drove this car when I traveled all over the united states from 1990 until 1992, I used to put over 40,000 miles on it a year. I have only had one major problem with it which was the transmission when the car only had 2,000 miles on it so it was not a big deal. I also have a 2002 Lesabre and a 2000 Park Avenue, but my all time favorite car is my 1989 Lesabre.

It's Difficult to Part with it
By NM Sunshine on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Although, the exterior style is boxy, it has been a very comfortable, reliable car. It's good on gas for a car this size. Great for a long drive. Lot's of space in the trunk. It still looks like a new vehicle and drives like one too!

Really Getting My Money's Worth
By Lantaleb on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car new in 1990. I have been very pleased with the performance from the car. It still has most of its original parts. I just turned 200,000 miles today (3-5-03) and I'm glad to see that someone has gotten 265,000 miles on theirs. Even though I take a lot of ribbing from family and friends, I plan to drive it til it won't go any further. I have looked around at cars from time to time, but none have the ride that my Buick has. I painted the car 4 years ago because the silver paint was chipping. Other than that I have been extremely happy with my car.