Used 1990 Buick LeSabre Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

it may be my first but surely will be the best
By redneckracer93

1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

yea i may be only 17 and it may be my first car i originally bought the car from my father whom a bought for a little dealership in town and he had to put some money in it but no big deal he drove it for two years then i got the car and had to replace the front caliper slides and the ignition module those have been the only things that i had that really needed replace other than that it is the best riding comfortable ride i have rode in and it is really reliable yea the gas mileage is great for that size of car wish it was a little better but still no complaints

Favorite Features

i love the split bench seats. the power windows and seats. the power intenna is clearly the best of these features cause if ur not using the radio it goes down and yea it a little but a slight increase in fuel economy. my all time favorite is the reverse opening hood that opens towards the front of the car rather than in front of the windshield

Suggested Improvements

personally im not a big fan of the idiot light i would rather have just regular gauges that is really my only complaints

Bulletproof
By Geech

1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1995 and sold it several years ago. Bought it with 60,000 miles on it, and sold it with 240,000 miles on it. I sometimes regret selling it. In all those years and miles I spent zero time worrying about whether the car would make it from point A to point B. Apart from routine maintenance, all I had to do was replace the fuel pump (at 100,000), the radiator (at 150,000) and the exhaust (at 200,000) which had rusted out in the northern winters. Even my mom's Camry (which has 220,000 miles on it) has required more repairs than the LeSabre. I loved the smooth ride & good gas mileage on the highway. I still miss that car sometimes.

Favorite Features

Bulletproof reliability. Very smooth ride and comfortable seats for long journeys. Good gas mileage on the highway (around 30 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Not that it matters now, but if I could improve on it, I would ask for better city gas mileage and better handling around curves.

She's a Beauty!
By J-Rod

1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

What line could I start off with except, I love my car! My car will be 20 years old and except for minor rust around the rear wheel wells, it looks and shines like a beauty. Previous owner had it auto armored, and well worth it. She is all power and it all still works. It's white with a velveteen burgundy interior. Of course I have put many new parts into it since I got it 2 1/2 years ago but it runs so smooth that I don't mind putting money into it. I drive her like she's made of glass and fix whatever problem may come up and it continues to take me from A to B without a hitch. The air conditioner needs a tune-up because it doesn't stay cold when it's very hot out. She truly is a beauty!

Favorite Features

The exterior. It reminds me of an earlier style Cadillac.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of anything more it might need.

Best Used Car I Have Ever Owned!
By Starsky64

1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4 years ago and have not had any major problems with this car whatsoever. The 3800 V6 engine is bullet-proof and runs perfectly with excellent fuel economy for such a large automobile. All power accessories still operate and the A/C works great. The body is still in excellent condition for a 12 year old car. I have long been a GM customer but have to say Buick is one of their best divisions as far as quality, reliability and customer loyalty. By the way, this car was rated the highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Powers and Associates back in 1990. Long live the American sedan!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the "clamshell" hood where most cars open from the front with the hinges near the windshield, the Buick's hood opens the opposite way and pivets over the front grill/bumper making access to the engine very easy. Clever engineering from Buick on this design!

Suggested Improvements

Replace the velour material from the doors with leather or vinyl.

Great car over the long haul
By Charles Love

1990 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

My LeSabre was purchased new in 1990. I was beginning to believe that I made a mistake with initial problems with the engine computer and freeze plugs rusting out. However both problems were fixed under warranty. After twelve years and 265,000 I found my initial doubts unwarranted. Today this car is still rock solid. I had a the timing chain replaced a few year ago and the 3.8 liter V6 is still as quiet as the day I first brought it home. A very comfortable ride and my pick over newer cars that I own for long trips. This is not a great car however it does what it was built to do beautifully. Thanks Buick.

Favorite Features

Quiet comfortable ride and roomy interior. The 3.8 liter V6 is reliable and bullet proof.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint