First V6 I've owned- Leather Group FWD V6 with Sunroof and Chrome Plated wheels
By mna1128 on
2013 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Trading in my '12 Avalanche for the LaCrosse was a tough choice I made 2 weeks ago. So far I have no regrets. Living around Chicago, gas prices are hovering around $4.50/gal for reg grade. I needed to trade the V8 gas guzzler for something more reasonable and this was my choice. I've considered the 300, but went with Buick due to Chrysler's past power train issues and overall value with Buick. The car handles well, ride quality is okay and acceleration is acceptable. That's saying a lot considering I've only owned V8's leading up to this. I drive with confidence on the highway and can easily accelerate to pass slower vehicles.
Favorite Features
So far I have been impressed with the fuel economy. I achieved higher ratings then EPA estimates on the highway. I can set the cruise control at 70 mph and get 28 mpg. Driving around the suburbs I achieve an average of 18.7 mpg. I enjoy all the "tech" stuff. The travel link via Sirius Radio is a cool feature. The actual touch screen radio is nice and the backup camera is a must due to the limited visibility of the rear end. I am 6'6" and I have no problem getting comfortable in this car even with the sunroof. Sometimes my head will rub on the ceiling if I'm wearing a baseball hat. I am not driving like a "gangsta" but I do wish I could put my seat up a little more.
Suggested Improvements
First and foremost, there are too many buttons under the radio. The climate control settings are too complex and because of the integrated touch screen I am having a hard time remembering if certain functions are accessed by a button or in the touch screen menu. I am 27 years old, I had about a week learning curve. No offense to any older readers. But, I can not imagine my grandma being able to confidently operate those controls. The stock audio speakers could be improved. The key fob could have easier to see buttons, I haven't developed the muscle memory yet and need to stare at the fob for a few seconds to tell the difference from lock and unlock. I assure you, I'm not blind.