Used 2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

acceleration noise
By johnelochner

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2010 which I traded for the 2013 Buick Lacrosse. The 2013 has a noise when you accelerate and slow down. The dealer and factor say there is nothing than do about it.

Favorite Features

Ride, styling comfort

Suggested Improvements

Find fix for noise problem

First V6 I've owned- Leather Group FWD V6 with Sunroof and Chrome Plated wheels
By mna1128

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Trading in my '12 Avalanche for the LaCrosse was a tough choice I made 2 weeks ago. So far I have no regrets. Living around Chicago, gas prices are hovering around $4.50/gal for reg grade. I needed to trade the V8 gas guzzler for something more reasonable and this was my choice. I've considered the 300, but went with Buick due to Chrysler's past power train issues and overall value with Buick. The car handles well, ride quality is okay and acceleration is acceptable. That's saying a lot considering I've only owned V8's leading up to this. I drive with confidence on the highway and can easily accelerate to pass slower vehicles.

Favorite Features

So far I have been impressed with the fuel economy. I achieved higher ratings then EPA estimates on the highway. I can set the cruise control at 70 mph and get 28 mpg. Driving around the suburbs I achieve an average of 18.7 mpg. I enjoy all the "tech" stuff. The travel link via Sirius Radio is a cool feature. The actual touch screen radio is nice and the backup camera is a must due to the limited visibility of the rear end. I am 6'6" and I have no problem getting comfortable in this car even with the sunroof. Sometimes my head will rub on the ceiling if I'm wearing a baseball hat. I am not driving like a "gangsta" but I do wish I could put my seat up a little more.

Suggested Improvements

First and foremost, there are too many buttons under the radio. The climate control settings are too complex and because of the integrated touch screen I am having a hard time remembering if certain functions are accessed by a button or in the touch screen menu. I am 27 years old, I had about a week learning curve. No offense to any older readers. But, I can not imagine my grandma being able to confidently operate those controls. The stock audio speakers could be improved. The key fob could have easier to see buttons, I haven't developed the muscle memory yet and need to stare at the fob for a few seconds to tell the difference from lock and unlock. I assure you, I'm not blind.

This is my new Jaguar!
By toymover

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned 5 Jaguars in the last 13 years. Our last one was the worst car we have ever owned so we made sure we checked out the new car we were replacing the Jag with carefully. This car rides and handles just as good as the Jag XF (a tad slower when you punch it) but the interior is roomier and the electronics actually work! So far this has been a real surprise and very reliable.

Favorite Features

We love the keyless start, remote start and bluetooth. The car is very quiet and it uses regular gas as opposed to the Jag which uses nothing but high test.

Suggested Improvements

The interior of the trunk is smallish width wise. It would be nice to be able to fit golf clubs in sideways. Not a big fan of the clunky, retro Buick front grills.

Better than my 530i
By josephy

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Touring Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2013 Buick LaCrosse Touring about three weeks ago and have put about a thousand miles on it. Engine is crazy smooth. Transmission is slick. Interior is just perfect. The car is super quiet. The ride is supple, although I'm really enjoying sport mode, which instantly stiffens the ride. Electronics are going to take a while to master, for sure, but the Harmon Kardon sound system is incredible. Don't forget to set Surround Sound. Back seat is second to none. Trunk space is decent and the fold down seats have already come in handy. Our color is Summit White. Gotta get it special order, but worth the wait. Heated steering wheel is cool and the HUD is a nice feature.

Favorite Features

Navigation is extremely intuitive. One of the best I've used. The seats are very comfortable and the sound system is much better than I remembered during the test drives. Handling is fantastic and the brakes have been great. I would upgade the wheels, as the base model wheels are pretty pedestrian. Engine is super smooth.

Suggested Improvements

For some reason, the sound system sometimes has a mind of its own and just selects FM, when it's on iPod. Or AM. Or it decides to start indexing the USB. Bizarre. There are a few blind spots, so be careful.

Brand New, Love it Already
By jimjjr

2013 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 BMW 528i on this model and thus far love it. The interior fit and finish is every bit equal to the bmw, and it is more comfortable and quiet on the highway than the bmw was even new. I was able to get it equipped exactly the way i wanted to, with the driver confidence package, entertainment and navigation package. It helps that I'll be able to get it service locally, rather than driving an hour to a bmw dealer. The look of the car is awesome and i hope that i'll have luck with it. While the rear visibility isn't great, the blind spot monitor is very good and the V6 has terrific passing power. My friend, who is 6'2, was able to sit comfortably in the back. Awesome car

Favorite Features

Enormous back seat. Heated/Cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, navigation, easy bluetooth linkage, quiet and comfortable.