2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - All show no go

2012 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Review

Premium II Group Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

All show no go
By vakmere on

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had this Lacrosse for 4 months and I'm not impressed any more. Clumsy and noisy is how I would describe it. Here's the list, 1. Car rides fine until you go over a series of bumps. Hold on to your coffee if its open. 2. Knee and head protection may be needed if you want to enter or exit this car quickly. Very cumbersome. Turning in or out of your driveway may cause wiplash due to the stiff suspension. 3. A distinct and fairly audible metalic ticking noise from the engine. Dealership says it's normal, I say there's a problem. Engine shakes noticeably at idle (in drive). Accelleration and crusing is no problem. 4. Trunk space is way too small, tight fit for 2 sets of golf clubs.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior and good looking interior. Seating comfort is OK. Onboard computer and displays are nice. On Star is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is cramped. Engine idle is rough. Road noise is excessive at times. Stiff suspension is anoying. Blind spots all over. Beyond the windshield wipers I dont see the front of the car. I dont see how others say their LaCrosse is quiet and the ride is great. They have the same car as me, how is theirs any different. If it wasn't for the dealer giving me an outstanding price for my trade in I would have purchased something else. Keep at it GM, you may get it right some day if you read these reviews.
By dlflyboi
on 05/20/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

I test drove a '12 with the premium III package. It was a smooth as butter. I went over one section of the roads that the pavement was very bad (big cracks and uneven) and it absorbed it better than my SUV (which is a large SUV). Maybe it was the package difference. I know the touring model has a stiffer suspension than the premium III.