Having Second Thoughts
By onedognight on
2012 Buick LaCrosse 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.
Favorite Features
My favorite things about this car is the smooth ride, good gas mileage, and sunroof,
Suggested Improvements
Do something about the car sitting so low to the ground. It scrapes every concrete parking stop and my driveway. Redesign the posts so they are not so big. They definitely interfere with visability. Put the lock/unlock buttons back on the door and off the middle console. Put a button somewhere in the car to unlock the trunk. And put a spare tire in the trunk!
By bladeedge12
on 07/01/12 13:35 PM (PDT)

That's ridiculous that there isn't even a spare "donut" for the car! I cannot believe that Buick would give a can of fix-a-flat instead! That's crazy! Guess it's cheaper and saved Buick money to do this instead. That makes me leary of purchasing a LaCrosse.

By onedognight
on 08/18/12 04:26 AM (PDT)

Yesterday I was supposed to be in Richmond, Va. by 10:00 a.m. Got up early to hit the road. My daughter was with me and we were going to shop for wedding dresses - you know, a big Mother/Daughter day! We made it to Petersburg, Va. when I ran over a huge nail on I-85. I knew immediately that something was wrong with one of my tires and used the vehicle information feature to check tire pressure. Sure enough, my left back tire was loosing pressure and fast. I made it to the next ramp off I-85 before the tire went completely flat. I called Roadside Assistance since I HAD NO SPARE TIRE!!! A wrecker arrived to TOW MY CAR to the CONTRACTED GMC/BUICK dealership which was 23 miles away. We passed a GMC dealership a few miles down the road from where I was but we had to go to the CONTRACTED dealership! They couldn't fix the tire so a tire had to be ordered. Fortunately they had a shuttle take us to the hotel where we were initially going. The dealership had to order a tire from a CONTRACTED tire company which took over an hour for them to receive. Then it had to be mounted and balanced. So it took 4 1/2 hours from the time I had the flat tire until I could drive my car away from the APPROVED dealershp. I kept thinking "I paid over $32,000 for a car that has no spare!" How stupid is that? This day was to be a special mother/daughter day and was extremely important to me because my daugher lives 3000 miles away and this kind of opportunity for us to be together is rare. Although we did find a wedding dress for her, the whole day was filled with stress about the car, the tire, having to have my car towed and the time that was wasted waiting! I was blessed to have been so close to a off-ramp on I-85 when the tire was going flat and reached a safe place before I could no longer drive the car. The can of Fix-A-Flat was useless because the nail had split the tire enough that it could not be plugged. If I had been provided a spare tire, I could have changed the tire and been on my way to a place of my choice to handle the situation. The dealership price for the new tire was $250! With no spare tire, you have no options! I could just have easily been stuck in an unsafe place or beside I-85 waiting. This could potentially been a harmful situation to me and my daughter. My husband tried to purchase a spare tire to go in the trunk, which actually has a place to put a spare. He could not order one from the dealership or anywhere else. Had I known this was the case, I would NOT have purchased this car. With the visibility issues, no spare tire, the fact that the front of the car drags on curbing and parking "stops" and I'll have to have the bottom front end repainted before I can sell it, means that I WILL NOT be keeping this car for very long. It gets good gas mileage (most likely because the weight of the spare tire has been removed) but that doesn't make up for the possible safety issues that exist here. It's a beautiful car but beauty quickly dissipates when you are in a potentially dangerous situation and feel helpless. Roadside Assistance can take an hour or more to reach you and a lot can happen in a very short time in today's world. I would rather feel safe and pay more at the gas pump, than to save a few dollars on gas and have a potentially life threatening situation. BUICK NEEDS TO WAKE UP!!!!!!