2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Poor visibility
By kccarib on 11/13/14 17:26 PM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love cars....new cars, antique cars I love all cars. I enjoy driving any type of car. My parents have a new Buick Lacrosse and the visibility is nothing short of awful. I absolutely do not like driving it. There are blind spots everywhere. I cannot believe that a car company would design a car that is unsafe to drive. If I am at a stop sign several seconds pass before I have visibility of a full sized car or truck coming from my right. I have to lean forward and backward to avoid that blind spot. There is no way of viewing a car when merging or changing lanes except with the side mirror. If I look over my left should all I see is the b pillar and the c pillar and a tiny slit.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333 on 03/19/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio on 05/03/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Horns honks
By k5qm on 03/24/12 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car in all areas except one problem. When i unlock and get in the car and close the door sometimes the horn will honk 4 times rapidly. Dealer can't find it. I suspect it is a malfunction in thee electrical feed back circuit. Very agrivating, never know when it will honk.

All show no go
By vakmere on 12/23/11 14:46 PM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had this Lacrosse for 4 months and I'm not impressed any more. Clumsy and noisy is how I would describe it. Here's the list, 1. Car rides fine until you go over a series of bumps. Hold on to your coffee if its open. 2. Knee and head protection may be needed if you want to enter or exit this car quickly. Very cumbersome. Turning in or out of your driveway may cause wiplash due to the stiff suspension. 3. A distinct and fairly audible metalic ticking noise from the engine. Dealership says it's normal, I say there's a problem. Engine shakes noticeably at idle (in drive). Accelleration and crusing is no problem. 4. Trunk space is way too small, tight fit for 2 sets of golf clubs.

Love the car but have mixed feelings right now
By hkm77 on 11/29/11 06:45 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really love the car but quality and reliability are questionable for me considering the problems I had in less than a month with a brand new car. The first car I got had the engine light on before leaving the dealer. The next day “service stabiliTrak” message was in my dashboard. Car was replaced for a new one. Everything was fine until the battery died with 20 days only. Car was towed back to dealer, battery replaced and nothing wrong, but a defective battery, was found with the car. Hopefully, I won’t have any other problem with it. Time will tell. This car is very comfortable, quiet and spacious. Trunk is on the small side but enough for me and my family (2 small children).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*