Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

3.5 stars... Because Edmunds doesn't offer halves
By Sam

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Performance: The acceleration and engine on the 3.6 is great. The steering is very tight. Literally if you sneeze and jerk the wheel you are off the road. The Transmission on these has some issues, or more appropriately I think it is the TCM. Paired with brake issues it can make for a nasty situation when trying to stop. When the transmission downshifts sometimes the RPM's kick up causing the car to surge forward, other times it doesn't like to shift into 6th gear and despite being at 3000RPM for a unlimited time it will not upshift without putting it in manual mode and doing it yourself. Brakes are strongly front centric. I never feel pull on the rear brakes. The only comment I can make on comfort is, that if you are tall of a big guy/woman getting in and out will be uncomfortable. The way the seat sits even back as far as it goes still puts a significant amount of your legs beyond the front of the door, thus making you pull your legs back and spin in the seat before being able to put your legs on the ground. The interior is decent. I have noticed that some of the chrome 'coating' on some of the accents starts peeling off. I did like the LED highlights in the car, and the leather is supple, soft, and comfortable. As others have posted, the car has some visibility safety issues. Blind spots are a HUGE issue. If you are backing out of a angled parking space, best of luck you're not going to be able to see a vehicle or person approaching. Backing up is difficult in the car period, lane changing requires a full head/body turn to see if someone is near the normal blind spot. A simple though not a thorough fix is to buy 2 stick on blind spot mirrors, and put them up in the top outside corner of your normal mirrors. This helps tremendously in traffic. In the technology department there are 2 big issues. 1 the Navigation system is horrid. Half the time the computerized compass is backwards or wrong. There is also an issue with the climate control. A lot of the time the AC will not turn off without 'power cycling" the entire system. For instance I live in the northern part of the USA. Sometimes it is AC in the afternoon and after sunset it becomes heat time. If I use the AC button to turn off AC, then up the temperature to 75-80 degrees it still blows cold air. I have to power cycle the console with the AC selected as off, then power it on and the heat will work. Reliability is good, minus the issues I'm having with the brakes and transmission. I couldn't be happier with the 300+ horsepower V6 in this car. Value is about par for the course for a mid sized sedan. The cost is a little above what I think it should have been just based on safety alone. But overall it is pretty economical. The car is E85 capable. Running E85 I average about 22mpg on a 65 mile round trip mixed city/highway driving. On Unleaded with 10% Ethanol I average betwen 24.5 and 25 on the same trip. If you keep this car at 65mph with relatively few stops over long distance it will push out high 20's low 30's mpg.

Poor visibility
By kccarib

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love cars....new cars, antique cars I love all cars. I enjoy driving any type of car. My parents have a new Buick Lacrosse and the visibility is nothing short of awful. I absolutely do not like driving it. There are blind spots everywhere. I cannot believe that a car company would design a car that is unsafe to drive. If I am at a stop sign several seconds pass before I have visibility of a full sized car or truck coming from my right. I have to lean forward and backward to avoid that blind spot. There is no way of viewing a car when merging or changing lanes except with the side mirror. If I look over my left should all I see is the b pillar and the c pillar and a tiny slit.

There are no favorite features to this car.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

body design is beautiful..I love it!~!

Improve dashboard air bag bumps, they are noticeable and don't look nice on a luxury car. Improve the seatbelt slot, the seatbelt strap rubs against the slot.

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Horns honks
By k5qm

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car in all areas except one problem. When i unlock and get in the car and close the door sometimes the horn will honk 4 times rapidly. Dealer can't find it. I suspect it is a malfunction in thee electrical feed back circuit. Very agrivating, never know when it will honk.

Greatto drive, lot of power

Fix the dang horn.