Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Poor visibility
By kccarib

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love cars....new cars, antique cars I love all cars. I enjoy driving any type of car. My parents have a new Buick Lacrosse and the visibility is nothing short of awful. I absolutely do not like driving it. There are blind spots everywhere. I cannot believe that a car company would design a car that is unsafe to drive. If I am at a stop sign several seconds pass before I have visibility of a full sized car or truck coming from my right. I have to lean forward and backward to avoid that blind spot. There is no way of viewing a car when merging or changing lanes except with the side mirror. If I look over my left should all I see is the b pillar and the c pillar and a tiny slit.

Favorite Features

There are no favorite features to this car.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Favorite Features

body design is beautiful..I love it!~!

Suggested Improvements

Improve dashboard air bag bumps, they are noticeable and don't look nice on a luxury car. Improve the seatbelt slot, the seatbelt strap rubs against the slot.

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Horns honks
By k5qm

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car in all areas except one problem. When i unlock and get in the car and close the door sometimes the horn will honk 4 times rapidly. Dealer can't find it. I suspect it is a malfunction in thee electrical feed back circuit. Very agrivating, never know when it will honk.

Favorite Features

Greatto drive, lot of power

Suggested Improvements

Fix the dang horn.

All show no go
By vakmere

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had this Lacrosse for 4 months and I'm not impressed any more. Clumsy and noisy is how I would describe it. Here's the list, 1. Car rides fine until you go over a series of bumps. Hold on to your coffee if its open. 2. Knee and head protection may be needed if you want to enter or exit this car quickly. Very cumbersome. Turning in or out of your driveway may cause wiplash due to the stiff suspension. 3. A distinct and fairly audible metalic ticking noise from the engine. Dealership says it's normal, I say there's a problem. Engine shakes noticeably at idle (in drive). Accelleration and crusing is no problem. 4. Trunk space is way too small, tight fit for 2 sets of golf clubs.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior and good looking interior. Seating comfort is OK. Onboard computer and displays are nice. On Star is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is cramped. Engine idle is rough. Road noise is excessive at times. Stiff suspension is anoying. Blind spots all over. Beyond the windshield wipers I dont see the front of the car. I dont see how others say their LaCrosse is quiet and the ride is great. They have the same car as me, how is theirs any different. If it wasn't for the dealer giving me an outstanding price for my trade in I would have purchased something else. Keep at it GM, you may get it right some day if you read these reviews.