2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Sadly, the worst car I've ever had.
By mama14075 on 06/13/14 10:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To start is the poor visibility. You don't get all of the pros and cons on a test drive...The front passenger view is blocked by the frame and outside mirror...it is horrifying on the incidences we've encountered...thankfully managed to avoid an accident, but you c a n n o t see a person or vehicle approach on your right... The ad showing Shaq sitting comfortably is a joke..Why can't GM be honest? Had a 2009 Buick Lucerne...it was the best vehicle...so sorry I traded it in...whomever purchased got a prize...why did GM stop building them?

Trunk Release
By blueridgebest on 04/08/13 16:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm generally happy with the LaCrosse but there is one major annoyance, there is no trunk release inside the car. Yes, you can open the trunk with the remote but this is not always convenient i.e., if I'm in the garage and my keys are in the house (not close by). Why would GM exclude the inside the vehicle trunk release - really bad decision.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333 on 03/19/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Can't honestly recommend this car
By gerin1 on 08/14/12 09:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although it rides nice and is a beautiful car, I had several people ask if I would recommend it and my answer is NO I have the Blind Alert Package, but it still is not enough when you are pulling out onto a hwy and I also had a person standing on a curb where it was really hard to see him because he was right where the thick post was. To me that post is a serious problem Then there is 1st gear....you got to be kidding me the car hardly moves surely can't pull out on the hwy fast

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio on 05/03/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Nicest Ride Around for the $$$
By koonzee on 05/02/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride & seats. Plenty of rear seat room. Quiet. Great sound system. All Wheel Drive handles well in snow.

Horns honks
By k5qm on 03/24/12 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car in all areas except one problem. When i unlock and get in the car and close the door sometimes the horn will honk 4 times rapidly. Dealer can't find it. I suspect it is a malfunction in thee electrical feed back circuit. Very agrivating, never know when it will honk.

Unimpressed
By ccc777 on 03/05/12 06:03 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car twelve days ago thinking I would be pleased and I am getting more and more unimpressed with this car. (1) Poor visibility out the front window due to large window pillars. (2) Door locks only on center console. (3)No trunk open/unlock from inside the car. (4) Lumbar control is not working to get to a comfortable position. (5) Headrest points a little bit too far forward. (6) Center console buttons are too busy and don't really make too much sense. (7) Leather, really? Where and what kind? A bit on the cheap side if it is real. (8) No locking gas door or cap. (9) Feel ever bump. (10) And finally, feel like I overpaid....is it really worth the sticker of $40,300. I think not!

I love IT!!!!!!!
By wendyjo13 on 03/01/12 10:19 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought my Lacrosse after having Expeditions for the last 12 years. I wasn't sure how I would feel driving a car after having a SUV for so long. All I can say is I LOVE MY CAR!!! It drives so smooth and has enough room for my husband and two sons that are all 5'10" or larger, AND, our daughter. My kids love it too because it is sporty and fun. The control panel is easy to access and the options are such a luxury. The only problem I have found and, it is really isn't a problem, just a matter of adjusting, is there is a blind spot between the windshield and doors on both sides. There isn't one perfect car, but this one is close. The more I drive it, the more I fall in love with it.

Lacrosse Review
By mkrich1 on 02/01/12 10:04 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great value. I have owned similarly equipped pricier luxury cars such as Lexus. The car rivals those models. I recently purchased a Cadillac SRX for my wife. The Lacrosse is quieter and has a much better ride. The Lacrosse has the same features and equipment.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*