Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Poor visibility
By kccarib

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love cars....new cars, antique cars I love all cars. I enjoy driving any type of car. My parents have a new Buick Lacrosse and the visibility is nothing short of awful. I absolutely do not like driving it. There are blind spots everywhere. I cannot believe that a car company would design a car that is unsafe to drive. If I am at a stop sign several seconds pass before I have visibility of a full sized car or truck coming from my right. I have to lean forward and backward to avoid that blind spot. There is no way of viewing a car when merging or changing lanes except with the side mirror. If I look over my left should all I see is the b pillar and the c pillar and a tiny slit.

Favorite Features

There are no favorite features to this car.

front doors holding water
By tooshort

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Touring Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i have had this car scene 10/12, i have had the issue of the front door holding water in the seals that go around the door, the doors will hold the water until you open the doors, after it rains and you open the doors, check the seals and have water inside the seals. as of today, the dealer and the factory has told me that this is normal ( i call ???? on this ) We are in the process of have GM buy the car back. So if you have a Lacrosse, check you front doors.

Sadly, the worst car I've ever had.
By mama14075

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To start is the poor visibility. You don't get all of the pros and cons on a test drive...The front passenger view is blocked by the frame and outside mirror...it is horrifying on the incidences we've encountered...thankfully managed to avoid an accident, but you c a n n o t see a person or vehicle approach on your right... The ad showing Shaq sitting comfortably is a joke..Why can't GM be honest? Had a 2009 Buick Lucerne...it was the best vehicle...so sorry I traded it in...whomever purchased got a prize...why did GM stop building them?

Favorite Features

The look is classy, but that's it..

Suggested Improvements

v i s i b i l i t y trunk room

Trunk Release
By blueridgebest

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm generally happy with the LaCrosse but there is one major annoyance, there is no trunk release inside the car. Yes, you can open the trunk with the remote but this is not always convenient i.e., if I'm in the garage and my keys are in the house (not close by). Why would GM exclude the inside the vehicle trunk release - really bad decision.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333

2012 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Favorite Features

body design is beautiful..I love it!~!

Suggested Improvements

Improve dashboard air bag bumps, they are noticeable and don't look nice on a luxury car. Improve the seatbelt slot, the seatbelt strap rubs against the slot.