Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value. The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised. Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire. How does a $30k car not have a spare tire? GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers. I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me? This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt. I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Give a spare tire, not a very cheap air pump with fix a flat that is placed in the space the spare is supposed to go.....can you say deception?

Had Enough!
By onedognight

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!

Satellite radio, comfortable seats, great sun roof

Raise the car higher off the ground. Work on those "J" posts to make them thinner for better visability. Between the posts and the headrests there is a huge area that is blind to you when you look to the right and slightly back to see if there is oncoming traffic when backing out of your driveway. Put the spare tire back in the trunk! The car has to be more than beautiful, it has to be practical and safe too!

Having Second Thoughts
By onedognight

I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.

My favorite things about this car is the smooth ride, good gas mileage, and sunroof,

Do something about the car sitting so low to the ground. It scrapes every concrete parking stop and my driveway. Redesign the posts so they are not so big. They definitely interfere with visability. Put the lock/unlock buttons back on the door and off the middle console. Put a button somewhere in the car to unlock the trunk. And put a spare tire in the trunk!