Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Bad car in many ways!
By joey2410

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought this car new back in November of 2012, the first thing I noticed like many other owners is that the front is to low I have had to file insurance claims numerous times to have the front fixed after hitting parking lot blocks or going up a high driveway, also the car started having problems running right and idling problems, check engine light came on took to dealer and all I could get from them that they saw in the system where check engine light came on but had no clue why it came on and all they could say was there was nothing they could do cause they could not reproduce the problem, to this day still having lots of problems with car running right and now makes noises.

Favorite Features

Inside design, spacious, layout of dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Lift the car higher, and look more into mechanical defects.

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value. The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised. Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire. How does a $30k car not have a spare tire? GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers. I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me? This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt. I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Suggested Improvements

Give a spare tire, not a very cheap air pump with fix a flat that is placed in the space the spare is supposed to go.....can you say deception?

Had Enough!
By onedognight

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, comfortable seats, great sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Raise the car higher off the ground. Work on those "J" posts to make them thinner for better visability. Between the posts and the headrests there is a huge area that is blind to you when you look to the right and slightly back to see if there is oncoming traffic when backing out of your driveway. Put the spare tire back in the trunk! The car has to be more than beautiful, it has to be practical and safe too!

Having Second Thoughts
By onedognight

I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.

Favorite Features

My favorite things about this car is the smooth ride, good gas mileage, and sunroof,

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the car sitting so low to the ground. It scrapes every concrete parking stop and my driveway. Redesign the posts so they are not so big. They definitely interfere with visability. Put the lock/unlock buttons back on the door and off the middle console. Put a button somewhere in the car to unlock the trunk. And put a spare tire in the trunk!

Not Your Father's Buick
By mike652

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Having been longtime Pontiac owners we always thought Buick's styling and road manners skewed old. This is not the case with the LaCrosse. The looks are outstanding but it comes at a price. It is hard to judge the front and rear of the car and the blind spots when changing lanes are hard to see. It takes some getting used to but consider getting back up assist and blind spot alert. It has a sporty road feel without a punishing ride. The seats are very comfortable. The layout of the instrument panel is such that the tilt wheel is always obstructing something. The digital speedometer is a big help. The trunk is only adequate for luggage for two. That's the price you pay for the large back seat

Favorite Features

Ride comfort and e-assist fuel economy.(almost 30 mpg combined)

Suggested Improvements

Instrument panel layout and add spare tire with jack.