2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Bad car in many ways!
By joey2410 on 05/20/14 14:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought this car new back in November of 2012, the first thing I noticed like many other owners is that the front is to low I have had to file insurance claims numerous times to have the front fixed after hitting parking lot blocks or going up a high driveway, also the car started having problems running right and idling problems, check engine light came on took to dealer and all I could get from them that they saw in the system where check engine light came on but had no clue why it came on and all they could say was there was nothing they could do cause they could not reproduce the problem, to this day still having lots of problems with car running right and now makes noises.

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2 on 02/19/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value. The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised. Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire. How does a $30k car not have a spare tire? GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers. I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me? This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt. I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Had Enough!
By onedognight on 12/31/12 18:06 PM (PST)

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!

Having Second Thoughts
By onedognight on 04/21/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.

Not Your Father's Buick
By mike652 on 02/15/12 06:23 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Having been longtime Pontiac owners we always thought Buick's styling and road manners skewed old. This is not the case with the LaCrosse. The looks are outstanding but it comes at a price. It is hard to judge the front and rear of the car and the blind spots when changing lanes are hard to see. It takes some getting used to but consider getting back up assist and blind spot alert. It has a sporty road feel without a punishing ride. The seats are very comfortable. The layout of the instrument panel is such that the tilt wheel is always obstructing something. The digital speedometer is a big help. The trunk is only adequate for luggage for two. That's the price you pay for the large back seat

Eassist buick lacrosse 2012
By bbeppler on 11/10/11 08:03 AM (PST)

bought a new buick lacrosse eassist on the way home stopped for dinner and the front of the car is so ,low it dragged on the ground causeing 500 dollars in damage thought i was at fault took to body shop and had repainted when i got car back went out that night trying to be extra carefull with driveing and it draged again no damage this time dealer has been great but gm district contact was no help at all this after my being a gm buyer since the early 70s last 3 new gm products where a 96 eldorado 2001 deville and now this buick no wonder people go to outher brands wish i would have kept the 01 deville had it 11 years and it never saw the inside of a body shop

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*