Used 2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

great every day car
By mike staub

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

still looks new after 4 years

Best vehicle I have had life to date
By Peter Mowatt

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I wanted a living room on wheels and I got it! I have put 85000 miles on it due to family proximity and those spontaneous road trips. My baby has been excellent!
I love driving her. Great weight. Solid doors!! Super quiet! Excellent handling and when you have to tromp on it, it comes alive!
In all of this time, I only had one problem. It was weird. Wouldn't turn over. Tried using the big battery for the jump start and it wouldn't allow it.
A new battery at my most excellent dealer resolved it.
NOTE: When I tried to start it after charging and if failed, it would not let me remove the key! Yikes!

Bad car in many ways!
By joey2410

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought this car new
back in November of 2012, the first thing I noticed like many other owners is that the front is to low I have had to file insurance claims numerous times to have the front fixed after hitting parking lot blocks or going up a high driveway, also the car started having problems running right and idling problems, check engine light came on took to dealer and all I could get from them that they saw in the system where check engine light came on but had no clue why it came on and all they could say was there was nothing they could do cause they could not reproduce the problem, to this day still having lots of problems with car running right and now makes noises.

Inside design, spacious, layout of dashboard.

Lift the car higher, and look more into mechanical defects.

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2

2012 Buick LaCrosse Hybrid Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value.
The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised.
Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire.
How does a $30k car not have a spare tire?
GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers.
I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me?
This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt.
I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Give a spare tire, not a very cheap air pump with fix a flat that is placed in the space the spare is supposed to go.....can you say deception?

Had Enough!
By onedognight

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare.
I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground.
It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire!
Will not miss it!

Satellite radio, comfortable seats, great sun roof

Raise the car higher off the ground. Work on those "J" posts to make them thinner for better visability. Between the posts and the headrests there is a huge area that is blind to you when you look to the right and slightly back to see if there is oncoming traffic when backing out of your driveway. Put the spare tire back in the trunk! The car has to be more than beautiful, it has to be practical and safe too!