This is not your father's Buick
By lacrosselover on
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I was in the market for an entry level luxury car and was looking seriously at Lexus, Chrysler 300, Acura, KIA, etc... Every review kept pointing me to this car so I had to take the plunge and buy a 2011 CXL. From the minute I got in the car to the moment I turned off the ignition I knew that this car was everything Buick talks about with regard to the refinement that they have built into this car. I am an electrical engineer which means I am very analytical and I appreciate good engineering. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The exterior is superb in design, the interior is luxurious and roomy, the V-6 Engine is very powerful and the sound system is top notch. No Complaints!
Favorite Features
I love the responsiveness of the V6 engine (I believe this is the same base engine as the V6 Camaro with a slightly different intake). The handling is superb and makes it VERY fun to drive. The sound system is clear and precise from low bass all the way through the mids and highs. Exterior design is superior to other cars in this class and chrome accents are a plus. LED rear lights are very good looking, LED turn signals on mirrors and entry lighting are a plus. Blue mood lighting inside is nice. Analog and digital speedometers are both nice. Bluetooth with my iPhone is flawless. Leather quality and contrasting stitching on dash is fantastic. Remote start with heated seats is a dream
Suggested Improvements
People complain about the trunk release, but face it, if you're going to release the trunk it probably means you are going to get into it. Whats so bad about walking around back and using the hidden touch sensitive pad to open the trunk? Gas cap is on the right side of the vehicle, should also be locking but is not. Fuel mileage rated at 27 highway, must have been tested when the car was going downhill with a 50mph tailwind. This is a 4000+lb car and the best I have received on the highway is about 25.6 overall using cruise at 65mph. You pay a little more for luxury and I WOULDN'T trade the 32mpg I used to get in my Honda Accord for the Lacrosse. **BUY THIS CAR!!!**