2011 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: GM finally has a winner

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Review

GM finally has a winner
By scuff on

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven LEXUS 460 since 1989. I chose this car because the new LEXUS was Ho Hum without the technology of this great car. Sure, it isn't a LEXUS, but for $35K to $40K less it is a fantastic value. I have close to 2,000 miles and haven't found a flaw. Sure, it isn't perfect but it comes close. This car turns heads and gets positive comments from everyone.

I got everything available except the rear seat entertainment. Heads-up display and the blind spot warning are great safety additions. Large sun roof and turning headlights are great too. The GPS directions on the Heads up display is terrific. I am yet to master all the voice controls and some of the other technology but, in general, I like it all. Performance, fit and finish are very good to excellent.

Would like an internal trunk release, more up front storage and a better back up image. When moving from drive to shifting it would be better if it droped two gears as Toyota does. The LaCrosse keeps you in the same gear and you have to down shift.