Big mistake
By Dan on
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I am a former Toyota owner so I expect exceptional quality and reliability. After 250 miles the check engine light went on and the car went in for servicing. At 500 miles it is going back because the home link does not work. We have noticed a significant blind spot where the bottom front roof pillar meets the top passenger mirror housing so it is impossible to see oncomming traffic from above the mirror. Views out the back window are also limited. We have already had a near accident because of poor visibility. The carpet is so thin it looks like the pile has been sprayed on and build quality is a far cry from a Toyota product. Buick proved beauty is only skin deep. Stay with Toyota's!
Favorite Features
Returning every other week for repairs!
Suggested Improvements
GM engineers need to talk to Toyota and Honda owners since these manufacturers have significantly raised the expectations bar.
By darda71
on 12/10/10 08:54 AM (PST)

yea cause toyota is perfect? I had a corolla got rid of it after 1 year worst car ever. I hope your gas pedal doesnt stick.

By overbrook
on 12/30/10 08:43 AM (PST)

did you actually test drive the car befor buying it? The blind spots dont change after you buy the car. A check engine light is enough to convince you its an unreliable car? Wow.

By darda71
on 02/15/11 08:34 AM (PST)

Typical Toyota owner... I problem with an american car and its junk.. they have several recalls and issues and not a word is said... I thought with all the recalls and all the issues toyota has been hiding for the past 10 years would wake a lot of owners up.... guess not.

By sissie3
on 02/16/11 23:05 PM (PST)

I have owned 4 Toyota's and never had even one of them in the shop except for reg. servicing and I am still wondering WHAT WAS I THINKING when I bought a buick, just struck by the looks is all I can figure.Just not enough reason!!!Won't happen again...

By tbone85
on 04/01/11 15:34 PM (PDT)

My brother's had a Cressida and the engine locked up at 72k miles. This was due to sludge and became a known problem. All recommended service was done at the proper intervals at the dealer. Toyota's response was to request him to ship the engine to them for analysis--and they would reimburse him for the shipping only! There are no perfect cars or companies. I've spent a couple of weeks behind the wheel of the Lacrosse, and it was simply a better driving/ride/value proposition than Avalon. My anecdote above is as accurate and valuable as anyone else's, but the actual data indicate that there are paltry differences in quality and reliability between these brands. My advice is to buy something you actually like. I like cars with a little soul.