Attention to detail lacking....
By iceman721 on
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I had this car as a long term rental and put several thousand miles on it. I am a previous Lexus & Cadillac owner. This car drives as well as the car it copied (Lexus LS 350). It is surprisingly quiet for an American car (on par with Lexus). The ride is also quite good over smooth pavement and acceptable on the rough stuff. The little things get annoying very quickly (see improvements). I wouldn't buy one of these new but I would consider one with low miles and a great price on the used market. The reliability ratings for the Buick brand have been above average which may inspire confidence. Set the bar higher Buick pay attention to the details.
Favorite Features
The quiet, the quiet, the quiet. I loved how quiet this car is. The windows feel precise as they go up and down unlike older Buick models. Once inside this car is quite comfortable. The basic sound system is much better than average which was a pleasant surprise. Very smooth ride, decent power, no surprises while driving. Good brakes as well.
Suggested Improvements
Poor rearward visibility. The shape of the side mirrors is awful. I spent 15 minutes when I first got in the car searching for the trunk release! There wasn't one inside the car!! I don't agree with a luxury car placing it on the key alone. The gas filler was on the passenger side (which is just dumb) and it didn't have a locking door with an interior release. Unacceptable in a car in this range. The center console is far too busy & complicated. Too many buttons of all different sizes and shapes. I love the dashboard blue but I hated the fonts used. The reflective glare from the bright dashboard in the side windows caused me to turn the brightness way down. Fix the little things they matter