2011 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
GM finally has a winner
By scuff on 02/07/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven LEXUS 460 since 1989. I chose this car because the new LEXUS was Ho Hum without the technology of this great car. Sure, it isn't a LEXUS, but for $35K to $40K less it is a fantastic value. I have close to 2,000 miles and haven't found a flaw. Sure, it isn't perfect but it comes close. This car turns heads and gets positive comments from everyone.

My Best GM Product Yet
By dave1140 on 02/01/11 10:47 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned GM products for over 60 years. Our 2011 LaCrosse CXS is the best one yet. I have read all of the negative comments and so be it. The car has just over 600 miles and it just hums. The acceleration is great from a standing start or pulling on to an Interstate. The power is firm and reassuring. I receive absolutely no lean or sway while going around clover leafs at 50+mph. I do wish that there was an interior trunk release that leads me to a larger trunk. Overall I love the car.

some designing poor
By sissie3 on 01/29/11 21:08 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Poor visibility front @ back. Poor cup holder placements in front.Cruise contol placement not good,to easy to accidently turn on or off. All bang heads getting in and out and we are short...and gas mileage not over 23mpg in any driving conditions. All very disappointing except it is a beautiful car inside and out, but wish I was back in a Toyota!

Very Dissapointed
By cbrzezinski on 01/23/11 08:54 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Getting 14 miles in city and 20 in highway - far below EPA estimates. V-6 engine and steering wheel vibrate - dealer says that's normal as well as mileage. Very difficult to get into car due to low roof line. No storage, interior trunk release and interior gas cover release. Cheap carpets and no glove box lock. Has several fit and finish and mechanical defects - already been in for repairs several times. There is much better out there and for far less money and aggravation.

Not world class
By cbrzezinski on 12/23/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car maily because it looks great. But that's where it ends. There are several serious blind spots, the front headrests push your head very far forward making it very uncomfortable. Cheap materials like the carpeting, no trunk release from inside the car, no gas door lock, etc. After 2,000 miles the car has been in for several repairs with more to come. We are getting 12 miles to the gallon - dealer says all his customers are getting far less than what's advertised. Several mouldings don't even come close to lining up. Fit and finish widely varies by each vehicle on lot. Any interested buyers?

LaCrosse: American Company, Global Design
By timinwi on 12/09/10 20:25 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All in all This is one of the most uniquely-designed cars I have ever owned. Of course it's a GM product, but its also an amalgamation of engineering and design elements from Germany, Asia, as well as America. You would think that this would make for an odd combination, but all the elements really work well together. I bought the CX model with the V-6 and comfort convenience package for 26K which included a credit union discount and a loyalty discount - a great value for a refined, smooth riding, performance (280hp) car. The CX has cloth seats and I really recommend giving the cloth a look before springing for the leather on the CXL or CXS. The cloth is very comfortable and luxurious.

A Test Drive you MUST take!
By WIlliam on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been circling around the 2011 LaCrosse since early September and finally took the plunge last week. It is exciting to drive and handles like and rides like a dream. My CXR's 3.6L V6 engine has you up to top speed in no time flat! Anyone in the market for a new car must take the new LaCrosse for a test drive!

It'll Certainly Turn Heads
By D. Huff on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Before my Lacrosse I owned a Cadillac DHS. I bought this car because I felt if Cadillac was shrinking the size of their vehicles and adding more plastics, then I would get more bang for my buck with Buick. I was right. I absolutely love this car. When on the highway in Sport mode this car will be over 100 in the blink of an eye.

Nice Car
By ech227 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purcased the vehicle two weeks ago. Have 610 miles so far. Overall I like the car, but it's not perfect. A lot of features for the money. Had been looking at this car for a year and finally bought it in Mocha Steel. Much more modern car than my parent's '08 Lucerne. I'm only 39 and people are shocked it's a Buick.

Big mistake
By Dan on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am a former Toyota owner so I expect exceptional quality and reliability. After 250 miles the check engine light went on and the car went in for servicing. At 500 miles it is going back because the home link does not work. We have noticed a significant blind spot where the bottom front roof pillar meets the top passenger mirror housing so it is impossible to see oncomming traffic from above the mirror. Views out the back window are also limited. We have already had a near accident because of poor visibility. The carpet is so thin it looks like the pile has been sprayed on and build quality is a far cry from a Toyota product. Buick proved beauty is only skin deep. Stay with Toyota's!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$110 per month*