Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

under 50k shouldn't have this many problems2
By pat walsh

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought with less than 10k on the clock. Wife loved the looks and ride. She traded an '06 Caddy and thought the ride was every bit as good. around 35k what sounded like tire noise developed. turns out (after buying tires) the noise MAY be hub bearings. About the same time the engine started stalling right off idle. thought it was the dreaded "throttle plate coking up" that seems engineered into every GM we've bought since 1996. Still not found that problem. I had tried to convince her to look at Nissans. She's finally listening. GM should have a 60k bumper to bumper warranty, or start building cars that have fewer problems than a 1970 Fiat.

DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

At this point, I want to trade the car in

Complete performance overhaul(Transmission and Engine)

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

Exterior and Interior look

Improvement on motor, exhaust and vehicles internal features altogether.

The Air Out of my Balloon
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first bought my 2011 Certified Pre-Own Buick I was on cloud 9. I was torn between purchasing a Benz and the Buick. I decided to go American Made to support my country. I am begining to think I made a huge mistake. The Buick refused to move forward while I was driving last Saturday night. Turns out the Transmission is Gone. The car has 38,000 miles on it. Sometimes we can put too much technology on things which can mess up the reliability and integrity of a product. My New Digital Fridge at home has gone out on me 3x whereas my simple plain fridge never did. All my friends who were gonna buy a Buick are watching how my situation pans out. I have a lot of folks watching BUICK!

The car is a pleasure to drive and is Beautiful

The car seems hard to see out of when backing up. THE AC system should flow a little better or make it more simple to understand to operate.

Cadillac What?
By zheigs

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been in the automotive business for 17 years and I have an overall love for the automobile. I've had many, from my 79 Ford Granada to my 2000 Chrysler 300 and Cadillac Deville to my 2008 Honda Accord. I have a special love for luxury cars. I fell in love with my Deville for its refinement, its quiet, smooth and comfortable cabin. Until my 2011 LaCrosse CXL-V6, I thought my Caddy was the gold standard. This car is everything Cadillacs are without the price tag and the interior actually looks so much better. It speaks high-tech luxury that is unmatched by Cadillac, Lexus or Infinity (for the price). If your're looking for a nice family car with plenty of options, look no further.

Navigation System, Oversized Sunroof, Backup Camera. My favorite features that were just outside of my budget includes Luxury Package (heated steering wheel), Heads-Up Display and Blind Spot Warning Indicators on mirrors.

Visibility is a concern. Take extra caution when changing lanes and backing up and making left turns. The blind spot option along with back up camera/navi helps this.