Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

Favorite Features

At this point, I want to trade the car in

Suggested Improvements

Complete performance overhaul(Transmission and Engine)

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior look

Suggested Improvements

Improvement on motor, exhaust and vehicles internal features altogether.

The Air Out of my Balloon
By kat803

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first bought my 2011 Certified Pre-Own Buick I was on cloud 9. I was torn between purchasing a Benz and the Buick. I decided to go American Made to support my country. I am begining to think I made a huge mistake. The Buick refused to move forward while I was driving last Saturday night. Turns out the Transmission is Gone. The car has 38,000 miles on it. Sometimes we can put too much technology on things which can mess up the reliability and integrity of a product. My New Digital Fridge at home has gone out on me 3x whereas my simple plain fridge never did. All my friends who were gonna buy a Buick are watching how my situation pans out. I have a lot of folks watching BUICK!

Favorite Features

The car is a pleasure to drive and is Beautiful

Suggested Improvements

The car seems hard to see out of when backing up. THE AC system should flow a little better or make it more simple to understand to operate.

Cadillac What?
By zheigs

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been in the automotive business for 17 years and I have an overall love for the automobile. I've had many, from my 79 Ford Granada to my 2000 Chrysler 300 and Cadillac Deville to my 2008 Honda Accord. I have a special love for luxury cars. I fell in love with my Deville for its refinement, its quiet, smooth and comfortable cabin. Until my 2011 LaCrosse CXL-V6, I thought my Caddy was the gold standard. This car is everything Cadillacs are without the price tag and the interior actually looks so much better. It speaks high-tech luxury that is unmatched by Cadillac, Lexus or Infinity (for the price). If your're looking for a nice family car with plenty of options, look no further.

Favorite Features

Navigation System, Oversized Sunroof, Backup Camera. My favorite features that were just outside of my budget includes Luxury Package (heated steering wheel), Heads-Up Display and Blind Spot Warning Indicators on mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is a concern. Take extra caution when changing lanes and backing up and making left turns. The blind spot option along with back up camera/navi helps this.

Another quality GM product
By forsythe

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We leased a new lacrosse cxl last sat and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It rides great. As comfortable as a cadillac. Steering is good, features are awesome for the money. Quiet fantastic stereo.Love the fact I can control my car with my phone through onstar. Ive read the negative comments and funny thing. Most of them all end with the same sentence" Should have gotten another toyota". Someone is coming on here and lying. Mentions of hitting your head while getting in and out and not liking where buttons are placed and cup holders... You would have noticed these things on a test drive.Toyotas are boring death traps. ASk the families that died what they think. thank you GM for another great car:)

Favorite Features

Love the onstar app on my phone. I get a discount on my insurance for keeping onstar active. Love the fit anf finish which is great. love the colors at night that line dash. The comfort and seat support are fantastic for someoen with a bad back. Love the lines and curves of the car and feeling safe in it. ove that it wont mysteriously take off on me and kill me like some other auto maker I wont mention. We have always been loyal GM owners and we ALWAYS will be! Navigation is great. Love my ultra view sunroof. Buicks are NOT grandpa cars anymore! We have been in a accident and it was so nice to hear that voice come into the car saying help is on the way and they knew where we were. Love GM!!!

Suggested Improvements

We love onstar and the nav systems. I wish they were a little more user friendly with voice commands as far as driving and wanting to enter a address to go to. But to remedy that we justy call onstar and tell them and they route directions to my nav unit. Ive read where people say" these cars have ni pickup" Ok if you drive something with a v8 and you buy one of these of course it wont have the pick up. these cars arent made to race they are made for looks, style, comfort and good gas milage which we get. you go flooring it everywhere and you wont get good gas milage! THINK folks!