Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

12 months with this car - a summary
By G Dirk

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Thoroughly pleased with this car. I have the CXS and all the features. Here are the pro's / con's 1) this has a 12 volt plug - charge laptops other electronics which don't have USB support. Has lighter plugs both in front and rear, and separate USB plug in front. Great to have all of these within arms reach 2) quiet ride - car cruises at 2000 rpm at 75mph. Smooth ride. Has a bit thicker glass in the side windows and you can tell 3) Ergonomics - great job thinking out things - gps, radio, switches, everything is within reach (also love heads up display) 4) other toys - rear window shade, heated steering wheel, car key sensor with remote start, rear view camera 5) size - this is a pretty big car with lots of room. You don't think about it until you park next to an E series or 5 series Cons 1) a bit sluggish - not terrible (V6) but horsepower doesn't really kick in until after 4500 rmp - a turbo on this thing would be amazing 2) gas mileage - I do a mix of city and highway travel - averaging about 19.6 mpg. Not terrible but would love it to be closer to low 20's ( this is a heavy car) Overall - great car. Really compares (outside of acceleration) with Euro counterparts. Comfy, lots of toys, smooth ride. Takes regular gas (this I found to be a great cost savings). A good looking car. Has a nice shape and look to it.

love this car
By jackie giaccetti

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car with one exception. It has terrible blind spots! I have the blinds spot alert which is great for sides but the side bar between front windshield and side windows is still hazardous as i found out 2 days ago. Totalled my cat and even though i love the car overall, i am hesitant to get another one just for that reason

Nothing but problems!
By Shawn Wade

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like my Buick Lacrosse, when it works! I purchased this car in Aug. 2010. This is my first and last American made car.The check engine light was on by the 1st oil change (Feb 2011). In May 2011, they had to replace the Catylic Converter. In Sept 2011, they replaced the sunroof switch. In March 2012, I had to replace the cabin filter and they had to re-charge the battery. In Aug 2012, they replaced a speed sensor. In Sept 2012, they replaced the battery. In November 2012, the check engine light was on again but they couldn't figure out why and cleared the code. In August 2013, the battery was dead again. Instead of them figuring out what the "real" problem is, they replaced the battery again. Yesterday (11/11/15), the car stopped while I was on the highway. The transmission needs repairing. This time, the dealer is saying I did something wrong! Like what, drive my car?!?! I agree with the prior post...Lacrosse Lemon!

under 50k shouldn't have this many problems2
By pat walsh

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought with less than 10k on the clock. Wife loved the looks and ride. She traded an '06 Caddy and thought the ride was every bit as good. around 35k what sounded like tire noise developed. turns out (after buying tires) the noise MAY be hub bearings. About the same time the engine started stalling right off idle. thought it was the dreaded "throttle plate coking up" that seems engineered into every GM we've bought since 1996. Still not found that problem. I had tried to convince her to look at Nissans. She's finally listening. GM should have a 60k bumper to bumper warranty, or start building cars that have fewer problems than a 1970 Fiat.

75,000 miles and counting...
By longmiledriver

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 model is not listed in Edmunds, an obvious oversite - Mine is a automatic FWD 3.6v engine/transmission - not the AWL. I drive about 50k per year - I have not had any issues at all. I purchased with 23.5 k Miles - had a weather strip replaced at purchase time. At 65 mph, I get about 29mpg, at 72 mph, about 26mpg. So far, I have not had to replace a thing. I did have engine light turn on- I am in harsh weather, and the sensor for misfire of a cylinder is really sensitive - this happened only once - I reset it and havent seen it in 15k miles sense.

Style - interior lighting and design, leather quality, performance/efficiency for a heavy luxury car. Handling is real good. Impressive looking outside too - quality of paint seems good. Lots of people comment on how good the car looks! And yes, Shaq CAN fit in it...

At initial movement only, you hear a slight bump noise which is the compression on driver hose. Nothing can be done and it is only a one time thing - not a big deal at all. Slight noise that comes from top of seat belt - I touch it and it goes away - happens occasionally.

• SUV