Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

LaCrosse Lemon
By lacrosselemon

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new LaCrosse for $44,000 and are having major safety problems. The power steering has been worked on and replaced numerous times and is still making noises. The exhaust system had to be replaced after numerous times at Crown Buick and finally was replaced at 3 months. The car will not start intermittently. This has happened on numerous occasions and the service department manager nor the mechanics can fix this. The trunk pops open while driving and the latch was replaced. Crown Buick and GM are aware of these ongoing problems. GM offered to replace the vehicle but has not done so to date. The car has less than 5,000 miles. I am a prisoner to my home because of this car.

This is not your father's Buick
By lacrosselover

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an entry level luxury car and was looking seriously at Lexus, Chrysler 300, Acura, KIA, etc... Every review kept pointing me to this car so I had to take the plunge and buy a 2011 CXL. From the minute I got in the car to the moment I turned off the ignition I knew that this car was everything Buick talks about with regard to the refinement that they have built into this car. I am an electrical engineer which means I am very analytical and I appreciate good engineering. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The exterior is superb in design, the interior is luxurious and roomy, the V-6 Engine is very powerful and the sound system is top notch. No Complaints!

I love the responsiveness of the V6 engine (I believe this is the same base engine as the V6 Camaro with a slightly different intake). The handling is superb and makes it VERY fun to drive. The sound system is clear and precise from low bass all the way through the mids and highs. Exterior design is superior to other cars in this class and chrome accents are a plus. LED rear lights are very good looking, LED turn signals on mirrors and entry lighting are a plus. Blue mood lighting inside is nice. Analog and digital speedometers are both nice. Bluetooth with my iPhone is flawless. Leather quality and contrasting stitching on dash is fantastic. Remote start with heated seats is a dream

People complain about the trunk release, but face it, if you're going to release the trunk it probably means you are going to get into it. Whats so bad about walking around back and using the hidden touch sensitive pad to open the trunk? Gas cap is on the right side of the vehicle, should also be locking but is not. Fuel mileage rated at 27 highway, must have been tested when the car was going downhill with a 50mph tailwind. This is a 4000+lb car and the best I have received on the highway is about 25.6 overall using cruise at 65mph. You pay a little more for luxury and I WOULDN'T trade the 32mpg I used to get in my Honda Accord for the Lacrosse. **BUY THIS CAR!!!**

Attention to detail lacking....
By iceman721

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this car as a long term rental and put several thousand miles on it. I am a previous Lexus & Cadillac owner. This car drives as well as the car it copied (Lexus LS 350). It is surprisingly quiet for an American car (on par with Lexus). The ride is also quite good over smooth pavement and acceptable on the rough stuff. The little things get annoying very quickly (see improvements). I wouldn't buy one of these new but I would consider one with low miles and a great price on the used market. The reliability ratings for the Buick brand have been above average which may inspire confidence. Set the bar higher Buick pay attention to the details.

The quiet, the quiet, the quiet. I loved how quiet this car is. The windows feel precise as they go up and down unlike older Buick models. Once inside this car is quite comfortable. The basic sound system is much better than average which was a pleasant surprise. Very smooth ride, decent power, no surprises while driving. Good brakes as well.

Poor rearward visibility. The shape of the side mirrors is awful. I spent 15 minutes when I first got in the car searching for the trunk release! There wasn't one inside the car!! I don't agree with a luxury car placing it on the key alone. The gas filler was on the passenger side (which is just dumb) and it didn't have a locking door with an interior release. Unacceptable in a car in this range. The center console is far too busy & complicated. Too many buttons of all different sizes and shapes. I love the dashboard blue but I hated the fonts used. The reflective glare from the bright dashboard in the side windows caused me to turn the brightness way down. Fix the little things they matter

Upscale Luxury Sedan
By bwia

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car in all respects except for MGP that is well below expectations.

Back-up camera, Navigation, HID, ride, handling and quietness.

Blind spots, especially reversing, is a kill joy.

Beautiful, Feature Packed, Mixed Emotions
By jamessam

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 LaCrosse CXS black/black 19"wheels, Nav, Roof, nice power, very sexy car. However the trunk is puny, one set of clubs only. The interior ergonomics take a few weeks of ownership to pinpoint. The dash curves outward at the door just enough to bump your knee when exiting. The foot well is very tight for my size 11 feet. I'm 6'1" and the center arm rest is too high and to far back making long trips uncomfortable. And there's no storage to speak of inside. Bought new 7/2010, my steering column was replace 11/2010. Last Monday the steeing gear was raplaced @ 17,500 miles! That was enough for me, traded it in Thurday, lost $ on it, but i want to be able to steer man I've got kids to live for.

The visual appeal is awesome!...Loaded & packed with features...nav, HK sound system, heated steering wheel, vented seats, adaptive suspension, hard disc drive, 6 speed tranny, etc....

The interior needs a redo, seat need better side bolstering and better lumbar control, fix the armrest, trade dash swoopyness for functionable storage space. Not sure what can be done about the trunk, but a large sedan should at a minimum swollow two sets of golf clubs.