2011 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
DOA-Dead on Arrival
By kat803 on 11/26/12 14:15 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On November 8, 2012, I received a call that my father was gravely ill. I packed up my car and headed out of town. Needless to say the week before I took the car to the dealership because I felt there was something going on with my Buick. I have had the car for 1 full year, bought it as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. 2 months into my purchase. the car stopped on me and would not drive forward(Transmission Done)Almost 1 year later as we were about 1 hour into our 5 hour drive to visit my gravely ill father. My Buick literally died on me. It said "Reduced Engine Power". The car died on me. My father died and my Buick let me down on my drive to see him

Car makes a loud noise when starting/also stalls at times
By lacrosseowner1 on 06/25/12 13:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 buick lacrosse last year. I'm very dissatisfied,,, this car has been to the dealership three times already. The car makes a loud annoying sound immediately after starting it. It has stalled on me several times and at times doesn't seems to be able to get enough power to make it go.. This will be my first and last Buick. Looks can definetely be deceiving

The Air Out of my Balloon
By kat803 on 12/20/11 03:48 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first bought my 2011 Certified Pre-Own Buick I was on cloud 9. I was torn between purchasing a Benz and the Buick. I decided to go American Made to support my country. I am begining to think I made a huge mistake. The Buick refused to move forward while I was driving last Saturday night. Turns out the Transmission is Gone. The car has 38,000 miles on it. Sometimes we can put too much technology on things which can mess up the reliability and integrity of a product. My New Digital Fridge at home has gone out on me 3x whereas my simple plain fridge never did. All my friends who were gonna buy a Buick are watching how my situation pans out. I have a lot of folks watching BUICK!

Cadillac What?
By zheigs on 05/21/11 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been in the automotive business for 17 years and I have an overall love for the automobile. I've had many, from my 79 Ford Granada to my 2000 Chrysler 300 and Cadillac Deville to my 2008 Honda Accord. I have a special love for luxury cars. I fell in love with my Deville for its refinement, its quiet, smooth and comfortable cabin. Until my 2011 LaCrosse CXL-V6, I thought my Caddy was the gold standard. This car is everything Cadillacs are without the price tag and the interior actually looks so much better. It speaks high-tech luxury that is unmatched by Cadillac, Lexus or Infinity (for the price). If your're looking for a nice family car with plenty of options, look no further.

Another quality GM product
By forsythe on 04/03/11 16:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We leased a new lacrosse cxl last sat and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It rides great. As comfortable as a cadillac. Steering is good, features are awesome for the money. Quiet fantastic stereo.Love the fact I can control my car with my phone through onstar. Ive read the negative comments and funny thing. Most of them all end with the same sentence" Should have gotten another toyota". Someone is coming on here and lying. Mentions of hitting your head while getting in and out and not liking where buttons are placed and cup holders... You would have noticed these things on a test drive.Toyotas are boring death traps. ASk the families that died what they think. thank you GM for another great car:)

some designing poor
By sissie3 on 01/29/11 21:08 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Poor visibility front @ back. Poor cup holder placements in front.Cruise contol placement not good,to easy to accidently turn on or off. All bang heads getting in and out and we are short...and gas mileage not over 23mpg in any driving conditions. All very disappointing except it is a beautiful car inside and out, but wish I was back in a Toyota!

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT
By Jozie on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Unfortunately this vehicle DID NOT come close to meeting my expectations.. I find the ride to be very uncomfortable with a lot of LOUD road noise..bumps are taken roughly and loud..VERY ANNOYING, even the radio does not drown out the noise.. The interior design is done well although the plastic looks cheap both on the inside and outside of the care..storage space is limited.. blind spots both in the front and back of the vehicle make for difficult parking even with the backup warning device.. This purchase was a huge mistake..I was a prior Acura TL owner and should not have changed..

Love it...but caveats!
By Paul W. on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the CXL w/ 3.6L. Absolutely beautiful exterior. Very smooth and quiet ride. Steering is appropriately responsive. Only 400 miles so far. Brakes very responsive. Really like the LED taillights. Visibility is compromised by side pillars and rear view is small due to awkward angle of trunk. "mood" lighting is nice to have, but does reflect off windshield which can be safety hazard. Leather is high quality. Little to no storage in interior is a bummer. Oversized sunroof is a nice feature, especially for the kids. Bluetooth feature is great for handsfree phone calls (safety)! Stock stereo leaves something to be desired. At $35K sticker should have quality stereo. Dual A/C is GREAT!

Almost Perfect
By Jason on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My first time on the road with this car had me sold. I researched for over 2 months before making my purchase and I am very glad that I did. The interior is amazingly designed. While some of the reviews for 10-11 lacrosse are stating that the dash is too cluttered with buttons, I find no problem at all finding what I need (Most of the time it's on the steering wheel if you should be playing with it in motion). Exterior design is great as well. Beautiful lines. The trunk line is a little high making visibility a minor issue but thanks to reverse sensing system I think its a wash. A Pillars are a little thick but its not out of hand. Very quiet ride, smooth, yet responsive in it's handling.

Is This Really A Buick?
By John 178 on 08/31/10 04:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove away in my 2011 Red Jewell Tintcoat CXL 3.6 L V6 on 8/30/10. After comparing/contrasting with the Acura TL and Lexus 350, the LaCross won hands down. The LaCross is sporty, yet refined and priced just right- mid 30's. It is definitely a head turner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$132 per month*