2010 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: Sensible car, not a sport seda

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Review

Sensible car, not a sport sedan
By Sammy on

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Buick LaCrosse for a week. I traded my 2002 LeSabre with 170K for it. I was wowed by the styling and had admired other Lacrosses on the road. The interior is gorgeous. The ambient lighting is very cool. The seats are blissfully comfortable-- best yet. Plus it has a pheromone that is a real turn-on--it smells amazing! As cool as this car looks and feels, though, it is not a sport sedan. If you want a sport sedan, spend the extra bucks and buy a CTS, or at the very least, a CXS with the 3.6. The engine is too small for such a big car. The transmission downshifts way too often on the highway, and the fuel economy is rotten. I got 28- 30 hwy with the LeSabre. So far, getting 23 w/Lcrs.

Styling, ambient lighting, options like XM radio, warranty, dealership experience, seats, quietness, smell.

bigger engine, better fuel economy, stabilitrak kicks in at low speed, remote start works sporadically (repair issues), speedo hard to read, gas tank on passenger side.