2010 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Review: Love/hate relationship

2010 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Review

CX Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Love/hate relationship
By key_man on

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first Buick, a Lacrosse, in February of 2010 and love the styling both inside and out of the car. Ride is comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is what seems to be constant repair that has been required. I have already spent $800 on repair issues for a car that is less than 4 years old and covered under an extended warranty. Following has been repaired: - Wheel speed sensor, 20k miles - Backup sensor would not stop beeping (software), 27k miles - Real wheel hub bearing, 36k miles - Front rotors, bad spot in metal, 49k miles - Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, 63k miles - Water pump, 71k miles - Catalytic converter, 82k miles

Styling of the car both inside and out. Quiet ride and nice handling

Improve quality of components used. After paying 30k+ for a car I don't expect to have to take it to the dealer every 10k miles to get something repaired. My previous car was a Pontiac Bonneville in which I drove for 9 years and 200k miles with relatively no issues. This car is turning into a maintenance nightmare.
By santee32
on 03/05/14 11:57 AM (PST)

I too purchased the 2010 Buick Lacrosse and it has been a problem ever since. I love the way that the car looks but it has major problems. I am always going to the repair shop for something. I have had the Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, Catalytic converter replaced at less than 50k miles and the check engine light is always coming on. I have had it checked a number of times but no one seems to know the answer to the problem. Beautiful car but we should have never judge the book by its cover--major problems. How am I supposed to make the car payment and pay for the repairs?