Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Never thought I would Drive a Buick
By JTKC

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased a Carbon Black with Tan perforated leather interior--I love the look. The car has sufficient pickup, though no sports car, it is perfect for my use driving significant highway miles. I have read some do not like some ergonomic aspects, however I have found the car to be very intuitive to use all functions from the cruise, menus, climate control, bluetooth--all very easy to use. I did upgrade to the perforated leather that is heated and cooled--GREAT feature. I also have the back window shade, again a great feature during these warm summer days. interior room for passengers is exceptional as there is ample legroom front and back with ease of entry and exit.

Favorite Features

OnStar Turn by Turn is just as good as an after market GPS, seats are very supportive and comfortable, quality of materials--they match well and are the best I have seen from GM-even Cadillac. Push button start with fob is flawless along with remote start. Mirror Blind spot indicators are useful.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is too small, strangely configured that limits use and limited opening on trunk lid. Interior cubby space is very limited for a car this size and when there is a space it is too small.

3 Month Owner
By DC3KEN

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In California and have had the CXL w/AWD for 3 months. What a good looking, comfortable car. Purchased with all the bells and whistles. Bought this over the Lexus because it was $15,000 less, but just as stylish and luxurious. Everyone who sees it thinks its hot and are impressed that GM is finally doing something right! I really enjoy driving it. It has enough muscle with the 3.0 (but not tons). Trunk space isn't overly large and I can't get more than 2 suitcases in there. The gas mileage is terrible, but friends with comparable Infinity and Lexus models say they get about the same. The colors are also bad, boring and limited. They need to get a better color palette!

Favorite Features

The overall styling and sexy looks is probably the best thing. This car really gets me compliments!! I also like all the features like the Nav System and XM radio (keeping this after the free tests) The "blue light" is really cool and novel and the bluetooth is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

The visibility is extremely poor in this car. You can't see the front hood at all while driving and the back is equally awkward (I use the rear camera lots). Poor gas mileage is my other complaint. In city, I can get as low as 14 MPG!! However, highway can be as high as 30. Combo = 16 to 22.

For the long haul
By Jom

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

A traveling salesman, I traded in a 6 year old V6 Camry with 300,000 miles. I consume a car and never thought to drive something this nice. After 3 weeks and 3,000 miles, I can't wait for another day in this car. All cars have some issues, but this car is the best GM product I have ever driven. I bought the low end CXL, but it has everything I needed. Comfort and ride are exceptional, quietness is a joy. Reliability is still unknown, but highway miles are usually good for a car. I find the bluetooth actually works, the smaller stereo is just fine, and the interior lighting very relaxing. I can see where backup assistance could be valuable. It costs one more tank of gas a month than the Camry.

Favorite Features

Ambient lighting, soft seats, ride, overall quality. A safe car, I appreciate those heavy beams. They take up some room, but they are there for a good reason. Roomy inside for carrying stuff and people. V6 is sound, and responsive. Like the adj.seats and telescoping steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk, wider arm rests, more storage inside,

Mixed bag but looks great
By lacrosse owner

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Back to US cars after issue with Toyota. Shopped around, this was a great value for features. Replaces Avalon. Visibility rear and side view is poor, which almost makes me wish I hadn't purchased car. It does have a little kick when it shifts automatic, but nothing horrible. Beautiful finishes and details. Middle Console not large and not user friendly. Too short, and if you extend, you can't use both cup holders. It's like no one at GM test drove for conveniences. Reliability to be determined. Only 2000 miles. Gas use (mostly city and heavy highway only 19.9 mpg). It's a very comfortable car, including large rear seat. You need rear park assist or camera for sure. GM almost has it right!

Awesome car to drive
By Pam

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased this beauty on 7/10;so far so good. I test drove the Maxima, Altima, and Taurus. I just kept coming back to the Lacrosse. It was hard to find the red, with the titanium interior and accessories that I was looking for but finally I did (had to travel to another state) I have had two people stop me so far to comment on the car. I believe it is due to the red exterior and chrome wheels. Runs very quietly and smoothly.

Favorite Features

Navigation, back-up camera, comfort, push button start, remote start, chrome wheels, stereo system, regular gasoline, new car smell (its been 10 yrs since last car).

Suggested Improvements

There is a terrible glare that comes from the dash board to the windshield, gas mileage (but I knew that going into the purchase), larger trunk, sunglass and other misc storage, cup holders on door.