2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS
By moshuns on
2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased new and check engine lite came on very next day, took back to dealership and was told that happens sometimes when the vehicle sits, had less than 50 miles on car. I have had multiple issues with the engine lite coming over 10 times for the same trouble codes, service suspension lights, problems with the radio, speakers, noisy tires and defective paint. I found out the car had front end damage but was sold as new, the dealer did not make me aware of it, also had issues with the trunk binding. I was refused service, so I had to take it to another location. I have the 3.6L and only get 280 max per tank of gas even on the highway. Oxygen sensors and mass air flow have been changed.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, comfortable seating
Suggested Improvements
General Motor needs better customer service. A customer never should be told by an exec that they are not going to address an issues especially when it is under warranty. I have never had this much trouble out of a new vehicle and lack of respect from the purchasing dealer. I have clearly been taken advantage of and GM needs to right their wrong.
By mackevin85
on 02/09/14 08:03 AM (PST)

Let me start by saying my father is a loyal retired GM worker and this car was purchased via the Friends & Family program and my college roommate is the son of Jack Smith, former CEO of GM. So this is painful to write not to mention I still love this car. Looks great, pretty quick, very comfortable, tons of options and lots of compliments. Unfortunately, I have had all the troubles mentioned above. My car is a 2010 CSX with 130K highway miles. It's been dealer serviced until recently when I was charged $900 (rip-off) for a water pump and changed to a private mechanic. I've had issues with a door fit where opening the back door caved in the edge of the front door. Dealer fixed it luckily. At first it was small issues ie knob to move side mirrors came off. Door issue. Backup radar stopped working. Clock keeps resetting to crazy hours and won't stay set. Also front end tough to keep aligned. Noticed paint issues near the front edge of the hood. Paint is bubbling off. And that is just the little stuff. 2 months ago the engine light come on and has multiple codes. Followed codes and replaced plugs, then injector. Now engine light never goes off. Dealer says it's loaded with carbon and flushes the car several times while changing the injector. Why carbon? I have mostly highway miles. Light comes back on 20 minutes after picking car up. This is the 3rd time in 1.5 months. First the service Stabilitrak comes on, then another alarm, and finally that the engine is powering down. Sometimes it powers down so abruptly it almost put me through the windshield. The speed, RPM, engine temp gauges flutter crazily and visual alarms scroll through like a strob light. It truly acts like the car Christine from the movie. I shut the car off and it will typically re-set until the issue starts again. Sometimes I can go hours without an issue and others it takes only 5 minutes. I've spent $ 3K between repairs and rentals in the last month and don't seem any closer to resolving the issue. Not sure what I'm going to do. Can't trade as long as this issue persists. I think Ford is my next stop.