Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Never thought I would Drive a Buick
By JTKC

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased a Carbon Black with Tan perforated leather interior--I love the look. The car has sufficient pickup, though no sports car, it is perfect for my use driving significant highway miles. I have read some do not like some ergonomic aspects, however I have found the car to be very intuitive to use all functions from the cruise, menus, climate control, bluetooth--all very easy to use. I did upgrade to the perforated leather that is heated and cooled--GREAT feature. I also have the back window shade, again a great feature during these warm summer days. interior room for passengers is exceptional as there is ample legroom front and back with ease of entry and exit.

Favorite Features

OnStar Turn by Turn is just as good as an after market GPS, seats are very supportive and comfortable, quality of materials--they match well and are the best I have seen from GM-even Cadillac. Push button start with fob is flawless along with remote start. Mirror Blind spot indicators are useful.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is too small, strangely configured that limits use and limited opening on trunk lid. Interior cubby space is very limited for a car this size and when there is a space it is too small.

WOW, not your fathers Buick at all!
By Stirling

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this beauty for 2 months and have put 4,000 miles on it. I get compliments nearly every time I stop to fill up at a gas station or valet park it. I've really enjoyed driving this car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice luxury vehicle at an affordable price. I'm 35 and wasn't sure about buying a Buick but the styling really goes a long way and says that Buick isn't what it use to be. I'd recommend this car to anyone young or mature and think that Buick hit a home run with this one. My wife has now fallen in love with the Enclave and we'll soon be a 2 Buick family. Great job Buick!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, XM radio, exterior and interior styling and the push button start is an awesome feature found in higher end cars and is really cool and impressive. You leave the remote in your pocket and the doors unlock when you pull the door handles and it starts with a push button on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is 22.3 MPG and I drive 80% highway. I expected more but am not too dissapointed. A couple more drink holders would be nice but 2 in the front and 2 in the flip down arm rest in the back (only usable when you have 2 or less passengers in the back) is OK.

Unresolved Noise on Startup
By lph6402

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a new, fully loaded 2010 AWD in June, 2011. It always gets 'compliments' on the exterior styling. Unfortunately, I have an unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. The annoyance has been diagnosed from the beginning and the symptoms at startup last for 30~75 seconds. It's loud, embarrasing and some type of manufacuring or assembly non-conformance. The local dealer has tried a few things with guidance from Buick service and engineers. Going on 9~10 months and Buick Customer Service basically told me to quick calling because they are not going to fix the non-conformance.

Favorite Features

Easy to use Navigation system & back-up camera work great. Great Harmon speaker sound system. Comfortable and Quiet ride on the open road.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Provide a solution to the unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. (2) Work on improved gas mileage. (3) Provide Customer Service that resolves known issues.

Awesome!
By kcrnmale

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I use Edmunds as one of my primary tools for buying a car. I therefore, take this review seriously. The car is gorgeous inside and out. Many people have complimented my car and I think many also like the fact that it's an American vehicle too. When reviewing, take in consideration the model and also the wheels. The CXS has the bigger V6 and the Touring package comes with 19" tires which will give a more sportier AKA rougher ride. The 18' wheels are chrome and don't look small at all. I did NOT want the Touring package because I prefer the softer, quieter ride. All upcoming cars will have bad blind spots because the new Fed rollover laws will mandate thick roof pillars.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Back-up camera with grid, quietness, power, styling, ride, Radio sound, blind spot alert, Heads Up Display, Rear DVD monitors, ENORMOUS rear seat foot room,

Suggested Improvements

More front storage. Better center armrest. Not much else....

Starship Buick
By Uncle Walt

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my LaCrosse for five months and haven't found fault with it yet. I traded in a BMW 528i and feel like I've traded up. The LaCrosse has so many features the BMW didn't have. Living in the South, I like the remote start on hot days and the cooled seats and the rear sunshade. The interior is well designed and functional. I love the high tech "gadgets": the heads up display, the hard drive, the Nav display, the articulating headlights and so on. The exterior is just right. I have had more compliments on this car than any I've owned. Just the other day, a lady was loading her groceries next to me and said "if you want to sell this car, I want to be first in line!". Great car!

Favorite Features

Looks, interior, ride, all the high tech gadgets.

Suggested Improvements

Milage is 12/24; however, I drive fast! Trunk opening could be wider.