Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Loved it until...
By Mark from Franklin

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the style, ride and comfort is awesome. Then came the repairs! It started with an issue regarding the sun roof. Out of no where it would not fully close. I noticed it on the highway at greater speeds than on city streets. No leaks but whistling. Brought it to the dealer and they "reset" the computer stating it was misreading alignment in sensors. Problem solved...sort of. 3 times this happened along with them reseating the entire sun roof unit. It happened again after the reseating and then they stated the next try possibly costing me $$ because they needed to bring in a GM consultant at a cost. After MANY back-and-forths we agreed to let him at least look at it before deciding on a course of action. He said that they didn't follow the service bulletin properly and pointed out the instructions state to remove glass from frame BEFORE reseating sensors, aligning the frame then reinsert glass. OOPS! Can't make this up. All is fine.

The above was not the "car's" fault but the stooges working on it. The straw that broke the camel's back? At 59K miles (still under warranty thankfully) it required a Catalytic Converter on Bank 1. Here I am at 96K miles and I need the same Cat replaced and it is NOT under warranty! $1K!

Also - Rear Hub & Bearing at 70K miles!, Front hub & Bearing at 80K miles, and the brakes seem to need replacement a whole lot more often than my Lincoln. Going back to Lincoln...thanks for nothing Buick!

Best of the best
By andrew_s1

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am in my mid-20's and find this to be one great looking car!
I have driven BMW's & Cadillacs before and the Lacrosse is way ahead of the competition.

The Styling is great inside and out and very comfortable.

Air condition seats, heated steering wheel, backup camera, touch screen navigation, remote start, built in hard drive to store music, and more!

none

Steering Issues
By mcoleman22

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 5 attempts to fix the steering issues over 6 months, the Buick dealership has not been able to repair the defective steering issues. They have even brought in a GM Engineer with no success. They just keep asking for me to bring the back the car for another try - like a race pit stop.

Since Buick has not admitted the problem cannot be fixed. I have sought help from the BBB Auto Line (http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/) . Based on the customer service that I have received from the Buick Warranty Department, I imagine that I will end up in court. I will be parking the car, so I do not go over the 50,000 warranty and buying a foreign car.

Honor the warranty

Buick and Their Dealerships Have Issues
By austin1982

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 Lacrosse had issues from day 1 and the dealership in Delaware OH would not assist.
I had to take it to another dealership to get the answers as to why the car pulled so badly.
It had been dropped when taken off of the car carrier.
They said this was common for that dealership.
Once that was fixed the electrical system started to go.
The sun roof just stopped working, the phone came on for no reason and the radio would change stations on its own. But none of this was consistant and never happened when left at the dealership.
The quality of this vehicle was poor and the dealerships unresponsiveness is unexceptable.
I'm done with GM products.

The ride.

Fix the electric issues. Provide a large enough engine to pull this heavy vehicle. It was almost impossible to merge in heavy traffic. Train your delaerships on how to deal with the public and not try to rip you off at each turn.

Starship Buick
By Uncle Walt

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my LaCrosse for five months and haven't found fault with it yet. I traded in a BMW 528i and feel like I've traded up. The LaCrosse has so many features the BMW didn't have. Living in the South, I like the remote start on hot days and the cooled seats and the rear sunshade. The interior is well designed and functional. I love the high tech "gadgets": the heads up display, the hard drive, the Nav display, the articulating headlights and so on. The exterior is just right. I have had more compliments on this car than any I've owned. Just the other day, a lady was loading her groceries next to me and said "if you want to sell this car, I want to be first in line!". Great car!

Looks, interior, ride, all the high tech gadgets.

Milage is 12/24; however, I drive fast! Trunk opening could be wider.