Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS
By moshuns

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and check engine lite came on very next day, took back to dealership and was told that happens sometimes when the vehicle sits, had less than 50 miles on car. I have had multiple issues with the engine lite coming over 10 times for the same trouble codes, service suspension lights, problems with the radio, speakers, noisy tires and defective paint. I found out the car had front end damage but was sold as new, the dealer did not make me aware of it, also had issues with the trunk binding. I was refused service, so I had to take it to another location. I have the 3.6L and only get 280 max per tank of gas even on the highway. Oxygen sensors and mass air flow have been changed.

Exterior styling, comfortable seating

General Motor needs better customer service. A customer never should be told by an exec that they are not going to address an issues especially when it is under warranty. I have never had this much trouble out of a new vehicle and lack of respect from the purchasing dealer. I have clearly been taken advantage of and GM needs to right their wrong.

LaCrosse CXS owner
By berne1

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this new LaCrosse. Got mine in June, after 5 months it has been flawless! Got the CXS with every option but the Touring package. Blue w/Cashmere interior. This car's performance is phenomenal and returns above average MPG. Standout qualities are interior quietness, exterior design, ride and handling. The Navi system is first-rate with high-def graphics lacking in other GM offerings. I get lots of compliments at the gas station, in parking lots, etc. Really a departure from the previous model they had out. I am glad I gave this car a try, I love it!

Performance, handling, interior/exterior styling. Pushbutton start is cool, Harmon Kardon audio kicks you-know-what. Heated/cooled seats and remote start are faves as well. Love the ambient and mood lighting, this car is one-of-a-kind at night.

A-pillar blind spot is particularly bad, have to be extra cautious. Could do without the Daytime Running Lights (however I did pull the relay). Rear DVD controls not intuitive at first-- took a while to get used to.

VERY impressed
By blcunningham

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I could consider myself Buicks target buyer, i'm under 40 and my last car was a Lexus. I drive a ton of freeway miles each year, i look for a comfortable car that above all is smooth and quiet. The Buick has managed to impress me on all fronts, a very solid car that has remained that way after 45k miles. It makes me feel good driving a American car again.

Stylish on the outside, and the interior gives up nothing to the import competition, the way it drives and feels, a great car all in all.

Blind spots are a problem, i got used to it rather quickly, fuel economy could be better.

Pros outweigh cons
By Rainman5542

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an American car assembled in the US. The styling grabbed my attention and reviews in the auto press were very good. After 3,000 miles, I am still happy with my decision despite some negatives. My gas mileage with the 3.6L engine is a disappointment. The bluetooth implementation is incomplete in that my Blackberry contacts can't be downloaded to the NAV HDD. Dealer service is apathetic. I have an intermittant unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. Overall I am impressed with the quiet and comfort.

I am surprised I like the HUD a lot. I like the sound system with the exception of the muddy bass response. The Blind-side Alert is also a great feature as is the BackUp camera. These two are nearly necessities given poor visibility. You really need to be adept at using all three mirrors in driving.

Trunk room, gas mileage, Bluetooth OBEX needs to be implemented and dealers need to learn to listen and learn their products much much better than they do.

2010 La Crosse
By PJK26

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at all the other comparable cars I gave Buick a look. Now mind you I was a former GM only guy. I vowed never to buy GM again in the early 90's. So I looked negative at first but looked kicked the tires and took it for a spin. It beat the Avalon, Infinity, and was surprisingly better than the Lexus 350. After some thought and more shopping I factory ordered a loaded CXS.

Heads-up display and the huge sunroof

The trunk release needs to be a bit more user friendly, it doesn't release on the first try