Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Loved it until...
By Mark from Franklin

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the style, ride and comfort is awesome. Then came the repairs! It started with an issue regarding the sun roof. Out of no where it would not fully close. I noticed it on the highway at greater speeds than on city streets. No leaks but whistling. Brought it to the dealer and they "reset" the computer stating it was misreading alignment in sensors. Problem solved...sort of. 3 times this happened along with them reseating the entire sun roof unit. It happened again after the reseating and then they stated the next try possibly costing me $$ because they needed to bring in a GM consultant at a cost. After MANY back-and-forths we agreed to let him at least look at it before deciding on a course of action. He said that they didn't follow the service bulletin properly and pointed out the instructions state to remove glass from frame BEFORE reseating sensors, aligning the frame then reinsert glass. OOPS! Can't make this up. All is fine. The above was not the "car's" fault but the stooges working on it. The straw that broke the camel's back? At 59K miles (still under warranty thankfully) it required a Catalytic Converter on Bank 1. Here I am at 96K miles and I need the same Cat replaced and it is NOT under warranty! $1K! Also - Rear Hub & Bearing at 70K miles!, Front hub & Bearing at 80K miles, and the brakes seem to need replacement a whole lot more often than my Lincoln. Going back to Lincoln...thanks for nothing Buick!

2010 lacrosse history
By Robert Carroll

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Own The car since 2010 had 400 miles, warranty work done so far is tires replaced (they were out of round), steering corrected after multiple complaints about noise when turning, body work due gulp paint mismatch on front and rear bumpers, rotors turned multiple times due to warping, @ 51000 replaced rotors after warranty expired no problems since, @ 80000 water pump replaced, @ 89000 ac compresser and condenser replaced because descident bag opened expensive fix, @ 92000 power steering started leaking car currently in shop to diagnose.

largest disappointment of my life
By John V Brown

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

we purchased our 2010 new. HUD, NAV, AWD, this was the nicest car in town. look, I am not going to explain all the problems, from mechanical, electrical, brakes. We recently traded it. This car gave me an ulcer. I have over 20 thousand dollars worth of paperwork to prove repairs. Not to mention the car was turning into a rust pile. Do yourself a favor, if you have one, or are thinking of purchasing one, it is not worth it, not even if it has been given to you.

this car was the most beautiful, comfortable, powerful piece of junk I have ever owned

not worth mentioning

I pray this doesn't become more of a nightmare.
By santee32

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I too purchased the 2010 Buick Lacrosse and it has been a problem ever since. I love the way that the car looks but it has major problems. I am always going to the repair shop for something. I have had the Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, Catalytic converter replaced at less than 50k miles and the check engine light is always coming on. I have had it checked a number of times but no one seems to know the answer to the problem. Beautiful car but we should have never judge the book by its cover--major problems. How am I supposed to make the car payment and pay for the repairs?

There should be a recall on this vehicle to correct the problems associated with the check engine light. I am sick and tired of the check engine light. There is always something wrong.

Love/hate relationship
By key_man

2010 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first Buick, a Lacrosse, in February of 2010 and love the styling both inside and out of the car. Ride is comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is what seems to be constant repair that has been required. I have already spent $800 on repair issues for a car that is less than 4 years old and covered under an extended warranty. Following has been repaired: - Wheel speed sensor, 20k miles - Backup sensor would not stop beeping (software), 27k miles - Real wheel hub bearing, 36k miles - Front rotors, bad spot in metal, 49k miles - Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, 63k miles - Water pump, 71k miles - Catalytic converter, 82k miles

Styling of the car both inside and out. Quiet ride and nice handling

Improve quality of components used. After paying 30k+ for a car I don't expect to have to take it to the dealer every 10k miles to get something repaired. My previous car was a Pontiac Bonneville in which I drove for 9 years and 200k miles with relatively no issues. This car is turning into a maintenance nightmare.

• SUV