2010 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
I pray this doesn't become more of a nightmare.
By santee32 on 03/05/14 12:28 PM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I too purchased the 2010 Buick Lacrosse and it has been a problem ever since. I love the way that the car looks but it has major problems. I am always going to the repair shop for something. I have had the Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, Catalytic converter replaced at less than 50k miles and the check engine light is always coming on. I have had it checked a number of times but no one seems to know the answer to the problem. Beautiful car but we should have never judge the book by its cover--major problems. How am I supposed to make the car payment and pay for the repairs?

Love/hate relationship
By key_man on 11/15/13 08:38 AM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first Buick, a Lacrosse, in February of 2010 and love the styling both inside and out of the car. Ride is comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is what seems to be constant repair that has been required. I have already spent $800 on repair issues for a car that is less than 4 years old and covered under an extended warranty. Following has been repaired: - Wheel speed sensor, 20k miles - Backup sensor would not stop beeping (software), 27k miles - Real wheel hub bearing, 36k miles - Front rotors, bad spot in metal, 49k miles - Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, 63k miles - Water pump, 71k miles - Catalytic converter, 82k miles

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS
By moshuns on 09/15/13 07:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and check engine lite came on very next day, took back to dealership and was told that happens sometimes when the vehicle sits, had less than 50 miles on car. I have had multiple issues with the engine lite coming over 10 times for the same trouble codes, service suspension lights, problems with the radio, speakers, noisy tires and defective paint. I found out the car had front end damage but was sold as new, the dealer did not make me aware of it, also had issues with the trunk binding. I was refused service, so I had to take it to another location. I have the 3.6L and only get 280 max per tank of gas even on the highway. Oxygen sensors and mass air flow have been changed.

Best of the best
By andrew_s1 on 09/11/12 17:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am in my mid-20's and find this to be one great looking car! I have driven BMW's & Cadillacs before and the Lacrosse is way ahead of the competition. The Styling is great inside and out and very comfortable.

Steering Issues
By mcoleman22 on 05/24/12 21:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 5 attempts to fix the steering issues over 6 months, the Buick dealership has not been able to repair the defective steering issues. They have even brought in a GM Engineer with no success. They just keep asking for me to bring the back the car for another try - like a race pit stop. Since Buick has not admitted the problem cannot be fixed. I have sought help from the BBB Auto Line (http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/) . Based on the customer service that I have received from the Buick Warranty Department, I imagine that I will end up in court. I will be parking the car, so I do not go over the 50,000 warranty and buying a foreign car.

Unresolved Noise on Startup
By lph6402 on 05/06/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a new, fully loaded 2010 AWD in June, 2011. It always gets 'compliments' on the exterior styling. Unfortunately, I have an unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. The annoyance has been diagnosed from the beginning and the symptoms at startup last for 30~75 seconds. It's loud, embarrasing and some type of manufacuring or assembly non-conformance. The local dealer has tried a few things with guidance from Buick service and engineers. Going on 9~10 months and Buick Customer Service basically told me to quick calling because they are not going to fix the non-conformance.

Buick and Their Dealerships Have Issues
By austin1982 on 09/20/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 Lacrosse had issues from day 1 and the dealership in Delaware OH would not assist. I had to take it to another dealership to get the answers as to why the car pulled so badly. It had been dropped when taken off of the car carrier. They said this was common for that dealership. Once that was fixed the electrical system started to go. The sun roof just stopped working, the phone came on for no reason and the radio would change stations on its own. But none of this was consistant and never happened when left at the dealership. The quality of this vehicle was poor and the dealerships unresponsiveness is unexceptable. I'm done with GM products.

LaCrosse CXS owner
By berne1 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this new LaCrosse. Got mine in June, after 5 months it has been flawless! Got the CXS with every option but the Touring package. Blue w/Cashmere interior. This car's performance is phenomenal and returns above average MPG. Standout qualities are interior quietness, exterior design, ride and handling. The Navi system is first-rate with high-def graphics lacking in other GM offerings. I get lots of compliments at the gas station, in parking lots, etc. Really a departure from the previous model they had out. I am glad I gave this car a try, I love it!

VERY impressed
By blcunningham on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I could consider myself Buicks target buyer, i'm under 40 and my last car was a Lexus. I drive a ton of freeway miles each year, i look for a comfortable car that above all is smooth and quiet. The Buick has managed to impress me on all fronts, a very solid car that has remained that way after 45k miles. It makes me feel good driving a American car again.

Pros outweigh cons
By Rainman5542 on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an American car assembled in the US. The styling grabbed my attention and reviews in the auto press were very good. After 3,000 miles, I am still happy with my decision despite some negatives. My gas mileage with the 3.6L engine is a disappointment. The bluetooth implementation is incomplete in that my Blackberry contacts can't be downloaded to the NAV HDD. Dealer service is apathetic. I have an intermittant unresolved clanging or banging sound at startup. Overall I am impressed with the quiet and comfort.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$131 per month*