Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

largest disappointment of my life
By John V Brown

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

we purchased our 2010 new. HUD, NAV, AWD, this was the nicest car in town. look, I am not going to explain all the problems, from mechanical, electrical, brakes. We recently traded it. This car gave me an ulcer. I have over 20 thousand dollars worth of paperwork to prove repairs. Not to mention the car was turning into a rust pile. Do yourself a favor, if you have one, or are thinking of purchasing one, it is not worth it, not even if it has been given to you.

Favorite Features

this car was the most beautiful, comfortable, powerful piece of junk I have ever owned

Suggested Improvements

not worth mentioning

I pray this doesn't become more of a nightmare.
By santee32

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I too purchased the 2010 Buick Lacrosse and it has been a problem ever since. I love the way that the car looks but it has major problems. I am always going to the repair shop for something. I have had the Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, Catalytic converter replaced at less than 50k miles and the check engine light is always coming on. I have had it checked a number of times but no one seems to know the answer to the problem. Beautiful car but we should have never judge the book by its cover--major problems. How am I supposed to make the car payment and pay for the repairs?

Suggested Improvements

There should be a recall on this vehicle to correct the problems associated with the check engine light. I am sick and tired of the check engine light. There is always something wrong.

Love/hate relationship
By key_man

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first Buick, a Lacrosse, in February of 2010 and love the styling both inside and out of the car. Ride is comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is what seems to be constant repair that has been required. I have already spent $800 on repair issues for a car that is less than 4 years old and covered under an extended warranty. Following has been repaired: - Wheel speed sensor, 20k miles - Backup sensor would not stop beeping (software), 27k miles - Real wheel hub bearing, 36k miles - Front rotors, bad spot in metal, 49k miles - Defective battery, leaked acid and destroyed + terminal lead, 63k miles - Water pump, 71k miles - Catalytic converter, 82k miles

Favorite Features

Styling of the car both inside and out. Quiet ride and nice handling

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality of components used. After paying 30k+ for a car I don't expect to have to take it to the dealer every 10k miles to get something repaired. My previous car was a Pontiac Bonneville in which I drove for 9 years and 200k miles with relatively no issues. This car is turning into a maintenance nightmare.

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS
By moshuns

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and check engine lite came on very next day, took back to dealership and was told that happens sometimes when the vehicle sits, had less than 50 miles on car. I have had multiple issues with the engine lite coming over 10 times for the same trouble codes, service suspension lights, problems with the radio, speakers, noisy tires and defective paint. I found out the car had front end damage but was sold as new, the dealer did not make me aware of it, also had issues with the trunk binding. I was refused service, so I had to take it to another location. I have the 3.6L and only get 280 max per tank of gas even on the highway. Oxygen sensors and mass air flow have been changed.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, comfortable seating

Suggested Improvements

General Motor needs better customer service. A customer never should be told by an exec that they are not going to address an issues especially when it is under warranty. I have never had this much trouble out of a new vehicle and lack of respect from the purchasing dealer. I have clearly been taken advantage of and GM needs to right their wrong.

Best of the best
By andrew_s1

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am in my mid-20's and find this to be one great looking car! I have driven BMW's & Cadillacs before and the Lacrosse is way ahead of the competition. The Styling is great inside and out and very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Air condition seats, heated steering wheel, backup camera, touch screen navigation, remote start, built in hard drive to store music, and more!

Suggested Improvements

none