Used 2010 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

By James L'Heureux

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Buick Lacrosse CXS for three years. Purchased used with 55K miles. Day 5 had a warranty call for the navigation/radio, it would not maintain any saved information. Dealer replaced the raidio/nav system under extended warranty ($2800 out of pocket $100). A year after the replacement a recall came out on the radio/nav system (no return of money). Issue two, leaking oil from oil pan, oil pan replaced ($300 out of pocket $100)) covered under warranty, a year later same issue oil pan replaced another warranty call. Water pump replaced covered by warranty ($400 out of pocket $100)). Tire sensor replaced ($180 out of pocket $100)) warranty paid. Fuel sensor/actuator failed (warranty paid $50 out of pocket $100). Steering column failed replaced warranty paid $2,900 out of pocket $100. Transmission replaced at 110K warranty paid $4500 out pocket $100. Cracked rim $750 out of pocket. I love the car when it is running right but all of these fixes are a nuisance and I only have 4K left on the warranty scared I will start incurring these cost. Maintenance and warranty repairs in three years is approaching 10K. Looking to replace the vehicle for a more reliable with a lower cost on maintenance.

I like my car
By tracy

2010 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great with two kids. No problem or issues of space and maneuvering around within the car. I'm not a fan of the 2 blind spots off the front 2 corners of the vehicle but I have adjusted. The only other problem is that it feels like the transmission skips once in awhile. I believe that is what the recall is for. I just haven't got it in. I've owned the car 5 years' I bought it used it was a rental vehicle. I never use the triptonic feature, I think it's a silly feature and it's just something else to break.

Loved it until...
By Mark from Franklin

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the style, ride and comfort is awesome. Then came the repairs! It started with an issue regarding the sun roof. Out of no where it would not fully close. I noticed it on the highway at greater speeds than on city streets. No leaks but whistling. Brought it to the dealer and they "reset" the computer stating it was misreading alignment in sensors. Problem solved...sort of. 3 times this happened along with them reseating the entire sun roof unit. It happened again after the reseating and then they stated the next try possibly costing me $$ because they needed to bring in a GM consultant at a cost. After MANY back-and-forths we agreed to let him at least look at it before deciding on a course of action. He said that they didn't follow the service bulletin properly and pointed out the instructions state to remove glass from frame BEFORE reseating sensors, aligning the frame then reinsert glass. OOPS! Can't make this up. All is fine.

The above was not the "car's" fault but the stooges working on it. The straw that broke the camel's back? At 59K miles (still under warranty thankfully) it required a Catalytic Converter on Bank 1. Here I am at 96K miles and I need the same Cat replaced and it is NOT under warranty! $1K!

Also - Rear Hub & Bearing at 70K miles!, Front hub & Bearing at 80K miles, and the brakes seem to need replacement a whole lot more often than my Lincoln. Going back to Lincoln...thanks for nothing Buick!

2010 lacrosse history
By Robert Carroll

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Own The car since 2010 had 400 miles, warranty work done so far is tires replaced (they were out of round), steering corrected after multiple complaints about noise when turning, body work due to paint mismatch on front and rear bumpers, rotors turned multiple times due to warping, @ 51000 I replaced rotors after warranty expired no problems since, @ 80000 water pump replaced, @ 89000 ac compresser and condenser replaced because descident bag opened expensive fix, @ 92000 power steering started leaking car currently in shop to diagnose. Leaking Powering Steering hose and since its on the back side of the engine very expensive to replace ($1800), 98000 miles, DIC Says service suspension system but leaves no code according to shop has to happen when they can see it. Passenger side seat heater function not working ( Has not been looked at yet).

largest disappointment of my life
By John V Brown

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

we purchased our 2010 new. HUD, NAV, AWD, this was the nicest car in town. look, I am not going to explain all the problems, from mechanical, electrical, brakes. We recently traded it. This car gave me an ulcer. I have over 20 thousand dollars worth of paperwork to prove repairs. Not to mention the car was turning into a rust pile. Do yourself a favor, if you have one, or are thinking of purchasing one, it is not worth it, not even if it has been given to you.

this car was the most beautiful, comfortable, powerful piece of junk I have ever owned

not worth mentioning