Used 2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2009 Buick LaCrosse
By Scott

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick was back in the 50's not sure how many I have had since then. My purchase of the 09 LaCrosse was to replace my 01 Buick Park Ave, Ultra. At the time of purchase I tried both the Lucerne and the LaCrosse. I should have purchased the LuCernne. why? 1. Leather, very hard 2. Gas and heat gauge should be reversed 3.Heater and AC Controls( buttons) very poorly designed. 4. Headlight beam selector on the turn signal is a joke, more like an off and on switch. Also, turn signal indicator is much to loud. 5. Center Council is another poor design, unable to rest right elbow on it because it does not extend far enough forward. 6. Door pockets to shallow.

Gas milage good on trips.

Redesign instrument gauges. Redesign Center Counsel. Change Headlight selector switch Redesign Heater/AC Buttons/Controls Bring back the Buick Logo with the flags

fabric on seats
By carolyn edwards

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

my 2001 buick centry was a dream inside and out, the 2009 is a great looking car but I hate the fabric on the seats. It collects every piece of lint and dirt.The dealership advised me to spray it with an antistatic spray, which I did that doesn't really work. Wishing I had my old interior again.

buick lacrosse not what it once was.
By Teresa Mund

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

front drivers seat makes aloud metal to metal noise when cars goes over bump or seat moves.i was told by hennessy that they had two other 2009 lacrosse with same problem, they replaced seat and new one did same thing.so i would have to live with it.my 2009 lacrosse makes a lot of moise. be carefull about,what buick calls the 6 passenger which cost a extra $250.you couldnot sat asmall dog there.

has a very smooth ride, easy to handle

fix the noise from seat. stop charging for 6th seat that cannot be used.

Last of the great 3800 engines !!!
By Fred

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 2009 Buick Lacrosse in April 2009, after selling my great 2006 LaCrosse to a relative. This new vehicle proved to be as good as my older one. Only reason I bought in 2009 is to get the last of the 3800 engine. Newer engines might have more HP but are no more reliable than this last of a great breed. The vehicle is quite, responsive and very comfortable. My only concern is the fact the battery ran completely down while sitting for 3 days. Dealer found no problem and it has not happened again. Still, there is the concern it might happen when I am a long way from home. The 'antiquated' 4-speed transmission is smooth, responsive and gives as good a mileage as 6-speeds.

Quiteness, smooth acceleration, and comfortable interior. The driver's information center is also great.

Suggest a more comfortable driver's side door panel be developed so ones left arm can rest comfortably on the door, where most men put it when driving.

Solid, Smooth, Quiet
By Greg B.

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a vastly underrated car. It is very well-built, with excellent fit and finish, no rattles, and an incredibly quiet ride. It is a fabulous highway car. The 3800 V-6 works well and the ride and handling, while not a sportscar, is perfect for those who like their cars smooth and quiet. The leather seats with power lumbar adjustment are exceptionally comfortable. It has a huge trunk and 4 people can travel in comfort. I like the exterior styling, especially the side view thanks to the design of the greenhouse. People who criticize Buicks for being old persons cars really are missing the point. This is an excellent example of a traditional American car, smooth, quiet and comfortable.

Interior design, seats, styling, quietness, ride.

More power would be nice (unless you bought the Super model). Rear legroom could be better. Rear fascia should have been updated when front end was restyled in 2008.