Used 2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Buick lights
By carhawk77

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There is a problem with the lights circuity design. You can find many stories of the problems. It relates to low beams not working and also daytime lights also fail at the same time. Model years affected, 2006 thru 2009. After a massive number of complaints, Buick had no choice to post a recall notice. So even though officially recalled, Buick has not yet found a fix. The problem is where they located the relay box. It actually gets so hot that it melts down at which time you are left only with your high beams. "GM Recall N 140291 issued 11/25/2014. Title: Low Beam Headlamp". :Recall Status: Remedy Not Available as of 02/16 2015". So why aren't dealers telling potential buyers about this??

very pleased with my car
By dave03886

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last year with 96K miles for $9000, the car was driven by the owner of the dealership. And had been maintained very well. I had the evap sensor replaced and the ABS sensor repaired, 4 tires and front brakes, and regular oil changes. The ride is comfortable, and not sport handling at all, through very predictable road manners. fuel mileage is 18 town and 25 Highway. The car also has side airbags. I have 120k miles on it now and expect to keep it awhile and put many more trouble free miles on it. The engine has a timing chain and not a belt, also the engine is 3.8 with the improved steel intake that prior GM had trouble with leaks. This was the last year for the new version.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for 5 adults, has plenty of power, the heated 6 way power leather seats and leather interior, super sound system including XM radio complete this luxury car package. The back up sensor in the bumper tells you when you're close enough. The radio controls and cruise controls are all on the steering wheel. Onstar is also a plus if you care to pay the fees, I don't.

Suggested Improvements

I would say a little tighter suspension but at 120 K miles that wouldn't be fair. Can't really think of any improvements the car is so near perfect in my opinion.

First Buick
By Hank

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Buick I have ever bought, I traded in an Audi A4 for the Lacrosse CXL. I really enjoy the bench seat in the front and gearshift on the column - it reminds me of the Olds Ninety-Eight my Dad took the family in on road trips. The comfort is great and I have no problem with passing. The chassis could be a little stiffer around corners, but I have learned to love this comfortable, quiet American car. I am planning a long road trip this autumn along the east coast with my two dogs - they love the big back seat.

Favorite Features

stable comfortable ride, XM radio,sunroof, big grill and the grealever on the column, plenty of passing power

Suggested Improvements

larger standard wheels, cooling seats, stiffer chassis

GM Loyal Buyer, First Time Buick Owner
By Jim

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow, this is the first Buick I've ever owned. Past purchases have focused on Pontiac and Chevy. What a real difference in all aspects of quality. Great Car, love the way it handles, milage fantastic in the 3.8L engine. Highway averaging on a recent trip was 31.7 miles. Felt like I was in hog heaven thumbing my nose at gas stations. Car was very wisely priced and worth the money. Used, but showroom quality inside and out. Recommend this car to anyone. Dealership fantastic to deal with.

Favorite Features

Absolutely nothing I don't like about features. All are super

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements

2009 Buick LaCrosse
By Scott

2009 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick was back in the 50's not sure how many I have had since then. My purchase of the 09 LaCrosse was to replace my 01 Buick Park Ave, Ultra. At the time of purchase I tried both the Lucerne and the LaCrosse. I should have purchased the LuCernne. why? 1. Leather, very hard 2. Gas and heat gauge should be reversed 3.Heater and AC Controls( buttons) very poorly designed. 4. Headlight beam selector on the turn signal is a joke, more like an off and on switch. Also, turn signal indicator is much to loud. 5. Center Council is another poor design, unable to rest right elbow on it because it does not extend far enough forward. 6. Door pockets to shallow.

Favorite Features

Gas milage good on trips.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign instrument gauges. Redesign Center Counsel. Change Headlight selector switch Redesign Heater/AC Buttons/Controls Bring back the Buick Logo with the flags