2009 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
very pleased with my car
By dave03886 on 12/29/12 12:22 PM (PST)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last year with 96K miles for $9000, the car was driven by the owner of the dealership. And had been maintained very well. I had the evap sensor replaced and the ABS sensor repaired, 4 tires and front brakes, and regular oil changes. The ride is comfortable, and not sport handling at all, through very predictable road manners. fuel mileage is 18 town and 25 Highway. The car also has side airbags. I have 120k miles on it now and expect to keep it awhile and put many more trouble free miles on it. The engine has a timing chain and not a belt, also the engine is 3.8 with the improved steel intake that prior GM had trouble with leaks. This was the last year for the new version.

First Buick
By Hank on 06/19/10 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Buick I have ever bought, I traded in an Audi A4 for the Lacrosse CXL. I really enjoy the bench seat in the front and gearshift on the column - it reminds me of the Olds Ninety-Eight my Dad took the family in on road trips. The comfort is great and I have no problem with passing. The chassis could be a little stiffer around corners, but I have learned to love this comfortable, quiet American car. I am planning a long road trip this autumn along the east coast with my two dogs - they love the big back seat.

GM Loyal Buyer, First Time Buick Owner
By Jim on 05/08/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow, this is the first Buick I've ever owned. Past purchases have focused on Pontiac and Chevy. What a real difference in all aspects of quality. Great Car, love the way it handles, milage fantastic in the 3.8L engine. Highway averaging on a recent trip was 31.7 miles. Felt like I was in hog heaven thumbing my nose at gas stations. Car was very wisely priced and worth the money. Used, but showroom quality inside and out. Recommend this car to anyone. Dealership fantastic to deal with.

2009 Buick LaCrosse
By Scott on 11/04/09 18:13 PM (PST)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick was back in the 50's not sure how many I have had since then. My purchase of the 09 LaCrosse was to replace my 01 Buick Park Ave, Ultra. At the time of purchase I tried both the Lucerne and the LaCrosse. I should have purchased the LuCernne. why? 1. Leather, very hard 2. Gas and heat gauge should be reversed 3.Heater and AC Controls( buttons) very poorly designed. 4. Headlight beam selector on the turn signal is a joke, more like an off and on switch. Also, turn signal indicator is much to loud. 5. Center Council is another poor design, unable to rest right elbow on it because it does not extend far enough forward. 6. Door pockets to shallow.

Last of the great 3800 engines !!!
By Fred on 09/24/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 2009 Buick Lacrosse in April 2009, after selling my great 2006 LaCrosse to a relative. This new vehicle proved to be as good as my older one. Only reason I bought in 2009 is to get the last of the 3800 engine. Newer engines might have more HP but are no more reliable than this last of a great breed. The vehicle is quite, responsive and very comfortable. My only concern is the fact the battery ran completely down while sitting for 3 days. Dealer found no problem and it has not happened again. Still, there is the concern it might happen when I am a long way from home. The 'antiquated' 4-speed transmission is smooth, responsive and gives as good a mileage as 6-speeds.

Solid, Smooth, Quiet
By Greg B. on 08/29/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a vastly underrated car. It is very well-built, with excellent fit and finish, no rattles, and an incredibly quiet ride. It is a fabulous highway car. The 3800 V-6 works well and the ride and handling, while not a sportscar, is perfect for those who like their cars smooth and quiet. The leather seats with power lumbar adjustment are exceptionally comfortable. It has a huge trunk and 4 people can travel in comfort. I like the exterior styling, especially the side view thanks to the design of the greenhouse. People who criticize Buicks for being old persons cars really are missing the point. This is an excellent example of a traditional American car, smooth, quiet and comfortable.

GM did it this time!
By Diana Cote on 05/19/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have always had an Olds or buick and the 2009 Buick LaCrosse is fabulous. It is luxurious and very roomy with an incredible trunk. It's fun to drive and extremely comfortable and we got 29 MPG on a highway trip. I agree that we need to "Buy American". We always have and hope to continue in the future!

Buy American
By John on 11/25/08 18:30 PM (PST)

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Lacrosse for my wife. Car handles even nicer than a Cad. CTS! Fun to drive and very comfortable. I have owned Buicks for 30 years and have had only a few problems. Don't believe all the neagativity about American cars. Research and test them for yourself. Had one slight problem with the navigation. Buick called me personally to see if the dealer repaired the problem. They more than proved to me they care!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$105 per month*