2008 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
My Final Toy
By acmeo3 on 04/01/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fuel economy is poor, but, I bought the car for performance. Great power and great handling. And the ride, compared to my 2002 Regal GS, is just fine. For an old man's car this one confers bragging rights.

2008 Buick LaCrosse
By Leonard Hatteberg on 03/14/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Much will be a comparison of our 2008 Buick LaCrosse vs. our 2001 Century. Buick advertises a smoother, quieter ride. This has proven true. Our car come with the convenience package which gives us heated seats, lumbar support and much electronic instrumentation which is good, but hard to learn & understand. The LaCrosse I believe has a little less headroom over the door when getting in and out which has made it a little more difficult for my slightly stiff 80 year old 5'10" frame. The Century had directional lights which lit up the road in the direction you were turning, which we miss. The LaCrosse does not. The gas mileage has gone down considerably. 19.5 MPG vs. 23 mpg. Good car overall.

This car is hot!
By Brian Selvey on 03/11/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is made for driving. The performance, braking and handling is superb. I have always been a Buick lover and I think Buick has outdone themselves on this one. Besides being very satisfied with it's handling, performance etc. I own a Red jewel Super with Cocoa interior. This is an absolute hot looking car too! My wife and I took it cross country on a route 66 trip all the way from Chicago to L.A. - what a ride! Very satisfied!

Just a great automobile!
By DanandBobbi on 03/07/08 22:20 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this car, our second car is also a Buick with the 3800 V6. We now draw straws to see who gets to drive the LaCross. The car has better response than our other Buick and handles much better. The trim and design are second to none. We looked at a Honda and were undecided until we drove both. No question the Buick is a better ride and feel. The mpg is excellent on the highway, 27.5mpg, not as good in town though. Worth a look and even more worth a test drive.

Luxurious
By stockee on 03/07/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very luxurious. From its smooth as butter ride, to its whisper quiet and powerful engine. Love the bench seat and useful column gearshift uses less space. Everything looks, feels, and sounds solid. From the solid slam of the door and feel of the column gearshift sliding through each gear. Love the midnight blue and soft beige leather

Su-purr
By zeke on 03/03/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car really purrs. Quiet inside with a strong exhaust note. Accelerate to 65 and slam the brakes. Great stopping time, no pulling left/right. gGas mileage? Who cares. Finally an American car that really looks like something people will buy. Watch the reaction from Acura TL and Altima owners. That says it all.

Excellent Family Car
By Dave on 02/23/08 08:35 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have about 2000 miles on it thus far. Our first Buick after years of only Japanese car purchases. We haven't been disappointed. The 2008 LaCrosse's redesigned front end reduces (or even eliminates) the "grandparents' car" look with a sleeker more attractive style. The comfort and convenience package is worth the price, which adds fold-down rear seats, heated front seats, and a few other amenities. Very nice. City mileage has averaged in the high teens or 20 mpg, and highway mileage in the 28-30 mpg range. The car rides smoother and quieter than any Camry/Altima we test drove, has great acceleration, and comes with many standard features you pay more for in the Japanese cars.

Luxury Car at a reasonable price
By Kabe on 01/30/08 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 1400 Miles so far I can honestly say I love my New Lacrosse. The LaCrosse CXL is very much a luxury car. Soft comfortable interior, very quiet on the road, lots of features, and a fantastic ride. Buick has firmed up the suspension from the LeSabres and it is a wonderful balance between good control and a smooth ride. No more floaty Buicks. I have had passengers comment that it rides as well as their much more expensive Audi. The 3.8L V6 provides ample pickup but is still quiet, and it should last a long time by reputation. It is a very enjoyable car to drive and well worth checking out. This car is not typical Buick of the past.

Great Car - Bad MPG
By Allie on 01/01/08 05:52 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car's handling and the ride. It's sharp and when I step on the gas pedal it is powerful. A car you can get into trouble with on the highway very easily. Great for long trip! However, as others have said, it doesn't live up to the posted MPG. I get 5 miles less in the city and 2 miles less on Hwy. A real gas hog.

Only 1600 miles and got problems
By Louise Sabourin on 10/16/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My low oil level light came on and when I checked the oil it was only about a 1/4" showing on the stick. Called the dealer and took it in and they said the 2008 seals were changed and that I needed to have them taken out and replaced because of the oil level dropping. So hopefully changing these seals will solve my problems and I can depend on it for years to come.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.