Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

dissappointed yet happy
By stimpy

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to get the CXL because of some features it had, but did not want leather seats. So we had to get the CX in order to get cloth seats. Our 97 Century Limited had cloth seats (Buick let me down on this one). Mileage is dissappointing, 28 highway / 19 city. Our old Century got 30+ highway. But this LaCrosse is a very enjoyable and fun car to drive. It is comfortable, pleasant to look at, and despite my dissappointment with the leather seat issue, a really nice car. Guess we'll keep it til Buick comes up with one that will get 35 - 40 mpg! With the sleeker styling, I do keep brushing my head against the top of the door each time I get in.

Favorite Features

Drive and Ride. Steering Wheel controls of radio and speed.

Suggested Improvements

Provide option for Cloth seats in the CXL models!!!

Using Oil
By Senior Driver

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, except it uses oil. First 3000 miles, used two extra quarts, dealer says drive it and it will get better. Second 3500 miles, used one and a half extra quarts of oil. I quess this is better, but I don't think good. Dealer says keep watching it and one quart in 3000 miles is acceptable. Maybe to him but not to me. I ask that it be recorded on my record. Hope they did it. If it doesn't improve, I going to try going to Buick.

Favorite Features

Like the looks, inside and out. Nice car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Only unhappy with the usage.

Great Car on Base Price
By Tammy

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 LaCrosse in April, 2008, have 20,000 on it already and love it! Got the base model, but it's a Buick! So it has all the creature comforts--power windows, door locks, and driver seat; cruise, tilt--and great gas mileage. Good git-up-and-go and plenty of room inside. Nice sized steering wheel for a womans hands. Only knock is the trunk is a little narrow to get a large suitcase into and out of easily, but I love the trunk release design! Overall, a great vehicle for the money.

Favorite Features

The trunk release with the interior lock button. Like the redesigned waterfall front with chrome wheels-- sharp looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly wider trunk opening to accomodate a 27" suitcase or large cooler.

First time Buick owner
By cherie

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have has a Pontiac for the past 12 years. I absolutely love my LaCrosse. Just a few enhancements that would make it even better! I think the passenger seat should be electric, just as the drivers seat is. Climate control vents in the rear would alson be a great feature as well. I know I make my right buying decision with the Buick. Thanks GM

Lexus at a Toyota price
By joe

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. Rides smooth and is very quiet. Classy looking interior for the price.

Favorite Features

17" chrome wheels, the ride, and the premium look of my gold mist LaCrosse.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage 27 highway about 20 combined. It would be nice to have an affordable hybrid available next generation