2008 Buick LaCrosse Super - Consumer Reviews

Super 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
2008 Buick Super
By stuoliaberomon on 05/30/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The car is great but has poor reliability. All the engine gaskets had to be replaced due to oil leaks, the oil pump failed which scored the the crankshaft, the key FOB's fail about every year or so (I am on #5 right now) and now the air bag warning light is on. It is in the shop now to find out what the problem is. The day/night dashboard lighting has not working properly for the last few years. The front wheel bearing failed a year ago. The CD changer does not work at times and the radio changes stations without warning at times. I have 55000 miles on it. I bought it new.

Love/Hate this Buick
By dulloldad on 04/09/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 08 Lacrosse Super in January, 2009. Currently have about 42 k miles. Engine, 5.3L V-8, has been apart twice to replace lifters (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E). considerable vibration when AFM in 4 cyl mode (GM TSB #06-06-05-001E) Clear coat peeled from door pillars, glover box door latch broke, power Drivers Seat gear broke! Memory seats and power recline were not available! Have had same AFM problems with 5.3L in my 2011 Suburban!! Have had 11 NEW GM products and 2 new Jeeps plus several used cars/trucks since 1980. Will not buy another GM product new or used!!

Love it so far!
By spinmytires on 08/07/12 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought an 08 LaCrosse Super, and so far, I love it. It is roomy, and the heated seats feel great after a long day at work. I like how it isn't over the top with gizmos and gadgets on the dash, but has enough to make me feel I am getting what I paid for. The ride is smooth, and it isn't jumpy when accelerating. I like the shorter stopping distances. I have seen a lot of reviews elsewhere that seem to think this is a sports car. No, this is a luxury sedan. I'm not in my 80's I'm in my 20's, and enjoy all of the comfort, and all of the horsepower. I don't intend on using this car to run the Daytona 500, so, who cares about RWD vs FWD? It's big, comfy and should be great in snow

Super Lux
By lacrosse2008 on 06/07/12 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With the Supers being so rare, I had to go check it out when I saw the classified ad at a local dealer. It was love at first sight. I always thought the LaCrosse was sharp, and the Super takes that a step further. Being black with the tasteful chrome trim, including the optional chrome wheels, it gets compliment after compliment. Wasnt sure how I felt about the dark brown interior but it has grown on me. Love the power and ride, but after only a couple of months of ownership, the transmission has had to be completely overhauled. Since its still under warranty, Im taking it in stride. Other than that I have been nothing but happy with it.

super bad
By jeff on 05/06/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

steering arm at 1ooo miles forth set of struts at 36000 rack and pinion at 35000 steering makes noise yet power steering pump whining now buick claims no defect because we drive 2.5 miles of gravel to town. Having a hard time talking to dist. specialist they claim I should know to call them before 24000 miles. How? I have driven 3000 miles for repairs and they are charging me .35 cents per mile if they would buy me out. What a sad day for buick, worst costumer sat. ever. Car is litteraly shaking apart,ruff ride and noisy going on interstate. rear window rattle door latch replaced Insulation front fender falling out. I have 5 other vehicles that havent had any of these repairs.

su-purr review update
By zeke on 04/29/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wrote 1st review 03/03/08 soon after purchase. Car still fun to drive. Only fault is door pillar trim starting to fade but dealer is going to replace. Sometimes a "grunt" from steering when turning all the way left and dealer is watching this too before the warranty rus out. Now have 40,000 miles and still great driver. This cart is different from 95% of the cars being reviewed on this page. This is a super not cx, cl, cxl etc. So most of the reviews written here do nor reflect the lax super.

agree with previous, but life after 50k
By John on 08/29/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I found myself agreeing with the previous reviews. A few things I found now that I have topped 50k, mostly highway miles. 1. had to replace both rear struts because ride became harsh. 2. drivers side door continues not to latch close, even after repeated lubrication. So, can I complain, when the car gives so much satisfaction? Would like to see the 2010 re-model come as a Super edition. Not sure if the 3.6L direct inject will satisfy not enough.

Love Buick LaCross 2008 and 2005
By Adria Pou on 09/20/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a beautiful red Buick LaCrosse Super 2008 a month ago and it's everything I could have wanted. Previously had a 2005 Buick LaCrosse 2005 which I traded in for this. The Super is slightly roomier with more bells and whistles, including ultrasonic rear parking assistance. Both cars perform well in both city and highway. The Super has a bigger engine than the CXL. My husband, who loves German cars, loved the CXL and loves the Super with its 8 cylinders even more. In short, I would buy both LaCrosse CXL and Super all over again. Also get many compliments on how beautiful the car is.

Great car
By Joe on 07/03/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car, and I am 33. I had owned a 2006 Impala SS and had traded it after only 6 months because I averaged 22MPG. I then had a 2006 Grand Prix GT which was powerful, but had a stiff, uncomfortable ride. Every interior trim piece rattled. I just got this LaCrosse Super, and it is a major improvement over the Impala SS! Throttle response was tamed to you can ease away from stops. And, I am actually averaging 16MPG in the LaCrosse. Very quiet, great ride, and it handles very well for a Buick. Mine doesn't float and wallow and lean like other reviews have said. I'm very happy with this car, and the Red Jewel Tintcoat is the perfect color for this car!

My Final Toy
By acmeo3 on 04/01/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse Super Super 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fuel economy is poor, but, I bought the car for performance. Great power and great handling. And the ride, compared to my 2002 Regal GS, is just fine. For an old man's car this one confers bragging rights.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.